exciting invitation! (Read 2188 times)

eric :)

Normally, it is my policy not to mention any emails.  However, I need to make an exception.  I received the following invitation via email today (contact info is altered to protect the unwitting).  It's such exciting news that I must share it with everyone.  It's not every day that RA is invited to join affiliate programs.

Eric,

We’d like to invite RunningAhead.com to join Active.com’s affiliate program!

RunningAhead will be able to ingest our entire directory of events via our API or feature a customizable/dynamic event widget (widgets.active.com) to feature local races on your site.  Plus, we’ll also pay a commission on each race registration generated from your site.  As an example, WalkJogRun pulled our API links to create their own events calendar (http://www.walkjogrun.net/events/).

Click to apply now: www.ActiveNetwork.com/Affiliates.

Partner Examples:

• ESPN – featured our customizable widget
    • MapMyFitness – pulled all our races to feature their own ‘Race Calendar’
    • Shape Magazine – featured our customizable widget

"There is probably no better complement to what we’re doing at HalfMarathons.net than Active’s affiliate program. With their easy-to-use system, we’re able to provide timely, relevant information to our users, and give them the ability to take immediate action on the content they’re consuming.  Active also provides a growing supplemental revenue stream for our website, and real-time statistics that allow us to track the performance of the program and act accordingly.” -Terrell Johnson, publisher and owner of HalfMarathons.Net

Best,

Active Jane, Business Development Manager

Active Network
    Media + Marketing
    Some address
    San Diego, CA 92121
    Tel 858-382-5633
    Active.Jane@ActiveNetwork.com

www.ActiveNetwork.com
    www.Active.com

We power the world’s activities and connect
    people with the things they love, want and
    need to do.

I find it ironic that they quoted the owner of HalfMarathons.net, because many (most? all?) of the maps on that site are powered by... RA. How about that!

MTA:

There won't be any affiliate programs with Active.  I just find it funny that they're trying a different approach in trying to steal eyeballs from RA.

You must be honored.

Runners run

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

You should buy a lottery ticket...this is obviously your luckiest day ever! Tongue

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

eric :)

I've printed it on paper and put it on the fridge next to my future kids' drawings.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I've printed it on paper and put it on the fridge next to my future kids' drawings.

You should go the extra mile and laminate it and frame it!

~ Sarah Kay

BeeRunB

If you create a calendar, and  start listing races for Georgia, I'll gladly click through from here when I decide on registering for a race. Having a popular calendar is also another way to generate traffic and income. Check out Run Georgia and Coolrunning.

Good luck, Eric.

Wow!  I don't know what's more impressive: that email from Active or the fact that you've somehow managed to bend the space-time continuum.  A banner day, all around.  Big grin

Amy

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Wow!  I don't know what's more impressive: that email from Active or the fact that you've somehow managed to bend the space-time continuum.  A banner day, all around.  Big grin

POD! Evil

~ Sarah Kay

sAc238

Zeus

Awesome news!  Congrats, Eric !!

2nd life PR's: 19:24 5k / 39:52 10k / 1:27:36 1/2 mar / 3:08:03 marathon

Feeling the growl again

Just what RA needs....a virus.... Wink

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

SMART Approach

Awesome! Congrats! I always sign up on active.com for my races. More money for you which is a good thing Smile

Run Coach. Recovery Coach. Founder of SMART Approach Training, Coaching & Recovery

Structured Marathon Adaptive Recovery Training

Safe Muscle Activation Recovery Technique

www.smartapproachtraining.com

Sweet.  Congrats.

I look my best blurry!

You're going big time!  All your hard work will pay off!  Yay!

Eric,

I've already reached out to Jane (see attached).  I'll let you know how it goes and if I need you for next steps.

Regards,

Mike

Dear Jane,

Thank you for your interest in the RunningAhead Connect Program.  We understand the difficulty that Active is facing as its reputation for buying and killing every decent running site on the Internet, abusing its users and charging exorbitant fees for basic sub-par services precedes it, and we are eager to help you repair your name by allowing you to be associated with a premium brand like RunningAhead dot com.

I have attached the 2011 RunningAhead Connect handbook in PDF for your review.

The cost of the program is $27,500 USD per year (pre-paid via wire transfer) but if you would like to pre-pay for multiple years, we do offer a 3-year discount of $68,460 or a 5-year subscription for $103,125.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Sincerely,

Mikey

Sales Guy

RunningAhead.com

Some place

Boston, MA 02110 USA

mikeymike@runningahead.com

Runners run

Big grin