Did you meet your 2012 goals (Read 451 times)

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

2012**Run 40 miles week

50 miler**100 miler

PR 5K**10K**26.2

I did not reach any of mine. I did 50 miles in a 12 Hr event but the goal was a 50 mile race. Time to reset for 2013 Cool

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

Julia1971

Technically, I only met one.  I stayed injury-free.  My other goals were to run a sub-3:15 marathon (which was probably an over-reach for this year) and run a sub-20 5K (which I did but I think the course was short).

I did some other cool things, though.  My proudest moment was winning $100 for finishing 1st in my age group at a half marathon.  (I thought about not cashing it but decided to photocopy it and then cash it. Smile ).  Boston was also pretty amazing.

I'll probably carry those goals into next year and add a couple more.

Edited because I think I was 1st even thought I have 3rd in my log.  All I know is I won money for running!

No, I didn't meet any of mine. Did not PR at any distance, and in fact ran my worst times in years, despite higher mileage than ever. My 2012 marathon was the worst of my last four marathons. I did realize that the few extra pounds I'd acquired were the main reason for the slower times, and  I've now lost most of the extra weight, so I think 2013 will be much better. Did break my mileage PR this year--will get over 2200 for the first time.

PRs: 5K: 21:25, 10K: 44:05, HM: 1:38:23* (downhill), M: 3:32:09

stadjak

Interval Junkie --Nobby

√ - First Marathon

!√ - Sub-3:30 Marathon - 3:32 (VA Beach)

√ - Sub-3:10 Marathon - 3:08 (Philly)

√ - Qualify for Boston

√ - Sub-20 5K

!√ - Sub-19 5K - (19:05)

√ - Sub 6 minute mile (5:40)

√ - 2,500 miles for the year

Yeah, pretty damn good year.

2021 Goals: 50mpw 'cause there's nothing else to do

xhristopher

I'm still working on it.

Yes.  My goal was to run 1,000 miles for the year. I'm going to end up with just over 1,400.  Second goal was to run my first marathon. I did that in May and BQ'd by 14 seconds.

2013 goals- Boston Marathon

70.3 tri

joescott

All but the big one (they are in my signature line).  But I'm happy and blessed.  In March at the end of a six-month surgically forced hiatus I had no idea for sure that I would even be able to run again.  So, all things considered, yes, I've been very blessed in 2012.

- Joe

We are fragile creatures on collision with our judgment day.

Village people

√ - First Marathon

!√ - Sub-3:30 Marathon - 3:32 (VA Beach)

√ - Sub-3:10 Marathon - 3:08 (Philly)

√ - Qualify for Boston

√ - Sub-20 5K

!√ - Sub-19 5K - (19:05)

√ - Sub 6 minute mile (5:40)

√ - 2,500 miles for the year

Yeah, pretty damn good year.

That is an understatement! Congrats!

I didn't have any concrete goals, but I am still here and uninjured.

joescott

I'm still working on it.

So close to 2,000....  Is that what we are working on?  Or is there also a race or two this week?

- Joe

We are fragile creatures on collision with our judgment day.

shadow runner

The Shirtless Wonder

Yup.  Ran my first marathon.  And along the way won 4 or 5 AG awards as well discovered I had a six-pack afterall.  Not bad for an old fart!Wink

Joe Suder

Nulla camisia et nulla problematum 

Nope, goal was to BQ, 0-3 this year, 0-27 overall. I just pass 2500 miles for 2012 this past week. So I stayed healthy. No injuries in 2012, I know there is still a week to go, so maybe I should not count this one yet. Not running, but I did summit a 18,800' peak in Ecuador called Antisana, that would probably top my list of recreational accomplishments for 2012. I also ran 1 HM under 1:35. I used to do that routinely in my younger days, now it is becoming a big deal to do so.

L Train

npaden

My goals at the start of the year were to run a half marathon and get down to 215 lbs.

At some point the run a half marathon morphed into running it sub 2 hour and I made it.  My get down to 215 goal changed into a 205 goal and I'm currently under that.

Later I added 1,000 miles for the year as a goal and am well over that and I added a sub 24 minute 5K as a goal and made that.

So I think I made all my goals for 2012, hopefully I will do as well with my 2013 goals.

Current PR's:  Mara 3:14:36* (2017); HM 1:36:13 (2017); 10K 43:59 (2014); 5K 21:12 (2016)

Feeling the growl again

Nope, not one.  But I had a lot of fun with great people in the process of failing.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

ymmv

I did.

PRs in 5K, 5 Mile, 10K, 15K, 10 Mile, and Half Marathon.

All but the 5K were PRs over ones set in 2011.

Now, if I could only figure out how to race a marathon.