Did you meet your 2012 goals (Read 451 times)

I accomplished one of them just under the wire: my first sub-five-minute mile since high school.

Runners run

Jeff F

Free Beer

Yes, I had only one goal, to finish the year injury free.  Goal accomplished.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

No.  At least not the mileage ones.  I would have...but...

<---

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

stadjak

Interval Junkie --Nobby

I accomplished one of them just under the wire: my first sub-five-minute mile since high school.

Excellent write-up; incredible accomplishment.

Don't think I'll ever see that side of 5 again, but doesn't mean I'm not going to shoot for it.  Hope I do it in similar style: balls to the wall.

Nice job, Mike.

2021 Goals: 50mpw 'cause there's nothing else to do

Biking Bad

finnegan begin again

"... the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value..."  Thomas Paine Dec 23, 1776 The Crisis 

Adversity is the first path to truth. Lord Byron

"No one plans to fail…..they fail to plan" Skinny Pete

Not this year

I had PF to start the year (and could barely run) and then was diagnosed with Prostate Cancer and had surgery in April.......so my goals were gone early this year....

BUT, my PF is gone and I'm cancer free so 2013 will probably be a much better running year....

Champions are made when no one is watching

joescott

Nice work, MIke.

- Joe

We are fragile creatures on collision with our judgment day.

joescott

Nope, not one.  But I had a lot of fun with great people in the process of failing.

Goals not accomplished.  Life accomplished!

- Joe

We are fragile creatures on collision with our judgment day.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Goals not accomplished.  Life accomplished!

+1

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

DirtyGraceFlint

The Crap Whisperer

Yes! Actually, I beat my original goal early enough in the year that I changed my goal to 2000k and I am over that too! I'm a teensie bit sad that I will be 30'ish miles shy of 1500 miles but really, I'm pretty darn happy.

Being the best tiny spec that I can be!

xhristopher

So close to 2,000....  Is that what we are working on?  Or is there also a race or two this week?

Yup. I want to get to 2000 and finish off Seanv's holiday run streak. Also, I want to stay injury free. None of us can say we've stayed injury free yet if we're still running.

In the end I got so much more from 2012 than I expected. I ran at least one race a month and learned a lot about racing. I raced new distances and events including a half ironman. I got another BQ. I set one PR (stroller 5K). I learned a ton about how my body absorbs and responds to training. I couldn't ask for more.

Sharz96

I had four.  I met the two most important ones: keep running and stay healthy.  I didn't PR 5k, nor did I meet my very modest mileage goal of 800.

goal of staying injury free & developing more balanced training this year.  have stayed injury free & for the most part a more balanced approach which is still work in progress.

last 2 years have had goals of beating 2010 pr's but PF ruined any chance of that in 2011.  Beginning of this year (jan/feb)  was spent on getting over last touch of PF & 1st 2 races looked strong & promising.  very confident of knocking those 2012 PRs  out of the way.   Unfortunately somewhere along the way I developed some non running related issues & after several weeks of doctor visits & tests was finally diagnosed with a type of neuromuscular disease that has hampered my breathing & muscular strength.  Through treatment & some lifestyle changes making good progress (especially last 2 weeks)  2013  looks promising.

Through everything that has happened (many, many, very rough days) still keeping my 100 miles/month goal which now stands at 42.

Feeling the growl again

goal of staying injury free & developing more balanced training this year.  have stayed injury free & for the most part a more balanced approach which is still work in progress.

last 2 years have had goals of beating 2010 pr's but PF ruined any chance of that in 2011.  Beginning of this year (jan/feb)  was spent on getting over last touch of PF & 1st 2 races looked strong & promising.  very confident of knocking those 2012 PRs  out of the way.   Unfortunately somewhere along the way I developed some non running related issues & after several weeks of doctor visits & tests was finally diagnosed with a type of neuromuscular disease that has hampered my breathing & muscular strength.  Through treatment & some lifestyle changes making good progress (especially last 2 weeks)  2013  looks promising.

Through everything that has happened (many, many, very rough days) still keeping my 100 miles/month goal which now stands at 42.

Dang.  Best wishes for 2013!

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Roses Revenge

I started.

I had fun.

I have several more days to go to see if I finish.

Marathon Maniac #991 Half Fanatic #58 Double Agent #22  It's a perfect day and I feel great!