Training Log Added - Future Plans (Read 51 times)

I’d like to thank everyone for your feedback on my introductory post.  Not sure if it would add any insight into what I’ve already described about my training but I just completed filling in my training log here.

My tempo and “easy” runs are admittedly quite blurry in their distinction.  I arbitrarily picked 7:50/mile pace as the cut-off from tempo to easy.

I think part of the reason my May times are slower is that I have battled congestion/allergies most of the month.  I didn’t miss any runs but it affected my pace some.

I’m currently still nursing my right hip so I won’t be upping the pace/distances at this point.  It does seem to be the consensus that even though I’m only running three times per week, I still need to rein in things and run easier at least some of the time.  My general plan is to do long/easy, medium distance/tempo, medium distance/easy for my three runs.  I probably should be aiming for closer to 8:30/mile for the easy pacing rather than what I’ve been running up to this point.

In summation, my plan is to not race until next year.  When I do race, my initial goal will be to beat the 41:15 10K time from years ago.  For distance, I’m shooting for a half marathon but may only run the distance on my own rather than an actual race.

Personal Records:

5K - 20:07 ran in September 2021 (The second half split during the 10K run listed below.)

10K - 41:10 ran in September 2021

8 miles - 56:15 ran in November 2021

Half Marathon - 1:39:06 ran in September 2020

Well, I'm "proud" of myself as I just did my regular 5.32 mile run in my slowest time yet of 46:29 for a 8:44/mile pace.  I can't say I enjoyed the run as much as when I run a faster pace but particularly with my right hip still not 100%, I can see the logic in being cautious.

Personal Records:

5K - 20:07 ran in September 2021 (The second half split during the 10K run listed below.)

10K - 41:10 ran in September 2021

8 miles - 56:15 ran in November 2021

Half Marathon - 1:39:06 ran in September 2020