Lance Armstrong: Stop at Nothing (movie) (Read 236 times)

Joann Y

I don't want to beat a dead horse or anything but I found this movie fascinating. It's on netflix right now. And also, apparently, on youtube. Such an epic epic story. I don't know why, but I felt a little guilty watching it, knowing the outcome of it all. But still, up there with some of the best Greek tragedy. Wow.

jpdeaux

I'm only about 15 minutes in, but it is can't-look-away compelling.

mikeymike

I saw it a while ago. It was pretty fascinating.

Runners run

Thanks for the Youtube link, I watched it today during my run on the TM. Fascinating story.

Hoban-Jay

I don't want to beat a dead horse or anything but I found this movie fascinating. It's on netflix right now. And also, apparently, on youtube. Such an epic epic story. I don't know why, but I felt a little guilty watching it, knowing the outcome of it all. But still, up there with some of the best Greek tragedy. Wow.

I haven't watched it yet, but I will.  Anyway you look at it, he's a tremendous athlete.  I can't say I admire his principles (I most certainly do NOT) but he is without a doubt a tremndous athelete who has overcome huge obstacles.

jpdeaux

he is ... a tremendous athelete who has overcome huge obstacles.

You might moderate that opinion ever so slightly by the end of the film.

mikeymike

I mean he is (or was) a tremendous (in the grand scheme of things) athlete. But he is also a gigantic liar, cheater, user of people, and an utterly world-class megalomaniac.

Thus the whole Greek tragedy thing.

Runners run

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

ethics = obstacles...gotcha.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

lagwagon

i'll have to watch this, thanks for the suggestion.

Just this week I watched the LeMond documentary (30for30) "Slaying the Badger", which was also great.  Although I remember watching the race back in the day, much of the drama was behind the scenes and makes the story worthwhile even knowing the outcome.

and his remarks on Lance are quite well delivered.

Feeling the growl again

I haven't watched it yet, but I will.  Anyway you look at it, he's a tremendous athlete.  I can't say I admire his principles (I most certainly do NOT) but he is without a doubt a tremndous athelete who has overcome huge obstacles and destroyed the lives of anyone who threatened to expose his lies and cheating.

FTFY

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Hoban-Jay

I mean he is (or was) a tremendous (in the grand scheme of things) athlete. But he is also a gigantic liar, cheater, user of people, and an utterly world-class megalomaniac.

Exactly.  Great Athlete + Unethical Human being.  He stumped for G. W. Shrub for president...plus all of the other lying and cheating and doping and stuff.

I stayed up past my bed time tonight to watch this.  Betsy Andreu is my official cycling hero from that era.  I'd seen most of the stories previously before being a huge cycling fan.  The one thing I hadn't seen was Betsy talking about holy roller Kristin Armstrong and how she said that EPO was a necessary evil after his first Tour win.  Nice to see Runner's World keeping her on as a contributor with her column on their website...

Has anyone else noticed how all Lance's women look  like younger versions of his mother?

Sophocles would love this guy.  Lance is bringing Greek tragedy back.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Sophocles would love this guy.  Lance is bringing Greek tragedy back.

When will he be gouging his eyes out?

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay