For Canuck Merino sock lovers (Read 385 times)

EDL

I love Merino socks, but the price...My spouse raises her eybrow at $10 socks, so stocking up on wool socks at north of twice that price that was not possible.

I had (until recently) one pair, and always looked forward to getting them clean so I could wear them again.

But now I have found these (Teko Ecomerino Mini-Crew), which MEC is selling  for $13.50. (The photo in the MEC online catalogue shows something a bit different, but this is the sock available on the rack.)  MSRP is $15.95 US so I don't know how much longer MEC can stock em at this price.

They are a bit lighter than my Smartwool PhDs, and built a bit more like a high-tech technical sock -- mesh on top, lots of different fabrics and thicknesses in various places. 

They are super-comfortable, and I was able to get a 2-pair allotment approved by the purchasing department.  (The MEC sells a bright red version too, packaged as a women's sock, but the box had men's and women's sizing on it, so I imagine the sock is the same.)

I love Merino socks, but the price...My spouse raises her eybrow at $10 socks, so stocking up on wool socks at north of twice that price that was not possible.

I had (until recently) one pair, and always looked forward to getting them clean so I could wear them again.

But now I have found these (Teko Ecomerino Mini-Crew), which MEC is selling  for $13.50. (The photo in the MEC online catalogue shows something a bit different, but this is the sock available on the rack.)  MSRP is $15.95 US so I don't know how much longer MEC can stock em at this price.

They are a bit lighter than my Smartwool PhDs, and built a bit more like a high-tech technical sock -- mesh on top, lots of different fabrics and thicknesses in various places. 

They are super-comfortable, and I was able to get a 2-pair allotment approved by the purchasing department.  (The MEC sells a bright red version too, packaged as a women's sock, but the box had men's and women's sizing on it, so I imagine the sock is the same.)

I love Teko socks, I've been wearing them for a couple of years now.  Very comfortable and durable... you can't beat a sock with a one-year guarantee. 

"Because in the end, you won't remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn.  Climb that goddamn mountain."

Jack Kerouac