Calendar Year dropdown box: Could you reverse the order of years? (Read 57 times)

JoeO

In the calendar, could you change the dropdown to list the years from most recent year to least.  Right now it's the other way around and it's kind of a pain sometimes.

I think when people are choosing to change the year and look back, they are usually looking for something more recent than the oldest entries.  This probably isn't much of a deal for those with only a couple of years of workouts, but I have twelve, so whenever I want to jump back to last year, I have to scroll down that list.  It's not bad on a PC but on my phone its easy to fat finger it

A minor thing, clearly but simple to do and I think would help usability a bit

an amazing likeness

JoeO,

Not a direct reply to your specific question on reversing the order, but wanted to let you know you can type the year into calendar year selector and not have to use the pick box at all -- that's a somewhat hidden feature that gets overlooked.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

JoeO

Thanks, Milk!  Actually I am aware of that.  In fact, I think it was in response to one of my feature requests a very, VERY long time ago that Eric put that in.  It used to just be a dropdown box that didn't go back far enough.   I really push the boundaries of the UI with the size of my log.  I imported an old one from CoolRunning way back when

an amazing likeness

I wanted to sort in descending order when I added the combo box.  However, the combo box sorts the items automatically and I didn't want to spend too much time to modify it when I added it.  It'll have to be another future project.

No idea where he stands on it today...

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

eric :)

Hi Joe,

I have made the changes to allow the year to be sorted in descending order.  The change will be available in the next site update, which should be in a few days.

eric Smile

JoeO

Awesome!  Thanks, Eric!