5-miler! (Read 806 times)

Kerry1976

Master of the Side Eye

I ran my first 5-mile training run yesterday. For many on this board this is no biggie, but to me it is great! Big grin

TRUST THE PROCESS

That's awesome! I think it's great, too.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

Awesome! And you won't hear me saying it's "no biggie" because I just ran my first 5 miler Saturday, and I am darn proud! Wink
        Teresadfp

One day at a time

Definitely qualifies as a biggie! Mine was five months ago as of today. You did yours two minutes faster than I did! You're doing the right thing by increasing your mileage gradually - keep up the good work!
          obiebyke

Wow! Can't wait to join you in the I can run 5 miles club. Good job! MTA: Signed up for a 10K yet? You know, you're almost there... Evil grin

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

yay Kerry! Smile
              Heroes never die. They just reload.

Queen of 3rd Place

My first 5 miler was THE most scary long run, for some reason. Keep up the strong work! Arla

Ex runner

Nev

Kerry Not only did you run 5 miles but you are only a few minutes away from being a 1 hour runner - now that is a majour step ! I can still remember doing C25K and the thought of running for 10 minutes was scary, 1 hour was unthinkable. Congratulations on your excellent progress. Nev
                    I did my first, ended up being 5.4 (had a few adventures along the way looking for drinking fountains) on Monday.
                      Congrats!! I absolutely can't wait to be able to say the same thing! I just had a 4 miler last weekend. That is probably the furthest I have run...EVER! Don't minimize the accomplishment. Each new distance is a BIG deal! You Rock!
                      Kerry1976

Master of the Side Eye

Looks like there are a group of us either at or soon to be at 5-miles. We all rock!

TRUST THE PROCESS

Ringmaster

Absolutely don't minimize the accomplishment. Plenty of people can't run 1 mile. 5 is a looooong way! Congratulations!

Let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. (Heb. 12:1b)
                          Mile by Mile

Hoping to Run Again :-(

I'm very proud of you too Kerry! My longest is 7 miles - 7 slooooow miles, so I definitely remember how great 5 felt the first time. Every mile added is a victory - enjoy 5 cause someday (soon) you will leave it far behind!
                            ~ Fly ~
                            Only as much as I dream can I be.
                            veggies on the run
                            runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Absolutely don't minimize the accomplishment. Plenty of people can't run 1 mile. 5 is a looooong way! Congratulations!
                              Drive 5 miles in a straight line. Great job.

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Kerry, that's excellent! You're halfway to double-digit runs! You should be proud of yourself--5 miles is a long distance! Smile

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay