Virtual 5K invitation to all RunningAHEAD members 6/4 (Read 1232 times)

gimme some sugar, baby

haha just stumbled upon this thread... very good stuff. You guys are hilarious!
    George: Runner/Law Student
    www.gimme-five.com
    Wingz

Professional Noob

Join us next month! Smile

Roads were made for journeys...

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Janell, you are NUTS!!! But I like that in a person! Big grin k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Wingz

Professional Noob

::mock offended look:: I'm not nuts! Maybe a little crazy, but that's a secret. Shhh. Tee hee hee! Two rules about the voices in your head: 1) The voices are NOT on your side... 2) Never tell anyone about the voices... Oh. Oops. I guess I just broke rule # 2...

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

LMAO...oh, wait, no I'm not...my ass is still there. Guess I need to start laughing harder! :P k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Wingz

Professional Noob

LOL! I'm right there with you, girfriend!

Wingz--my apologies for not knowing the rules, and not responding to your post earlier--I've been out of town. I didn't care which race you put me in (I was just doing a 5-mile training run, btw), but I see you put me in both. Which is a new experience for me. I've never raced a 5K and 5-miler on the same day. You really went to a lot of effort putting this race on--good on ya, girl!
                My Masters (>50) Race PR's: 5K - 20:17 10K - 42:36 HM - 1:31:22 Marathon - 3:20:48
                Wingz

Professional Noob

Well, I was going to leave you at just the 5K, but then poor Mile Collector wouldn't have had anyone to run with (and someone needs to kick his tail and keep him in line since I can't!) so I copied your info from your log, figuring you wouldn't mind. So not only did you run both that day, you placed in both! Congratulations!

Congrats to everyone!!! Let's all give ourselves a pat on the back, if you are that flexible!! Can't wait for next month's race. This time, I'm bringing all 3 kids, one to ride ahead so I can "focus on the prize", one to ride next to me to shout like a drill sargent & the other to ride behind me & threaten to run me over if I don't speed up!!! Big grin
                    So do not get tired and stop trying. - Hebrews 12:3
                    Wingz

Professional Noob

I think that's cheating... isn't it? I don't have kids on bikes chasing ME when I run... On the other hand... you go right ahead. I think I'll pass because I'd probably get my ankle tangled up in someone's spokes...

I was thinking of tying a glider to my back.... would that be cheating if I run real fast before take off?
                        Daddy's littel girl.
                          I don't know, taking the kids along is a hazard to my health really. First of all, I thought I was going to die keeping up to her!! Second, I'm only graceful on horseback & in an operating room, so running without tripping over my shadow is a hazard...let alone a bike with spokes & a six-year old that weeble-wobbles!! And that glider thing, I hadn't thought of that... Of course, I can't run fast enough to get off the ground!! Big grin
                          So do not get tired and stop trying. - Hebrews 12:3
                          Wingz

Professional Noob

mbotti - give us a little bit ::ahem!::' and we'll get you a shirt...
                            Here you go, mbotti! Wear it in good health!

The Floor Walker

Wow great, it's just my size too!!!
                              Wingz

Professional Noob

Big grin Glad you got the joke!