"we" is not spelled Wii (Read 979 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I just had to inform my son of this. I found a little thing he had written for school where he'd said something to the effect of "we like to play in snow," only he spelled 'we' as wii... Sheesh. Roll eyes We don't even have a Wii. Black eye

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

The intentional misspelling of words for marketing purposes has bugged me to no end for years. Mortal Kombat, Cingular, Kids Konnections, Krispy Kreme, Toys'R'Us (technically correct but still annoying.)

Run to Win
      25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

Another Passion

Yet more cultural effects on spelling... GAH! That is pretty funny though, Zoomy and... Dane is such a cutie, I would have been cracking up! Big grin

Rick
        "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
        "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
        runningforcassy.blogspot.com

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Heh, after I read his little project I asked him "hey, Dane...how do you spell WE?" His reply: "W-I-I." Black eye

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Heh, and on a related note...he asked what HTFU stands for and we told him Harden The Fuzz Up. He seems to think that's an acceptable explanation. Tongue

~ Sarah Kay

Another Passion

Heh, after I read his little project I asked him "hey, Dane...how do you spell WE?" His reply: "W-I-I." Black eye
              ROFL Cool

Rick

Another Passion

Heh, and on a related note...he asked what HTFU stands for and we told him Harden The Fuzz Up. He seems to think that's an acceptable explanation. Tongue
                Whew! Big grin

Rick

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

The intentional misspelling of words for marketing purposes has bugged me to no end for years. Mortal Kombat, Cingular, Kids Konnections, Krispy Kreme, Toys'R'Us (technically correct but still annoying.)
                  Yeah, that stuff really bugs me, too. There is a restaurant about 45 minutes from us called Kuntry Kubbard. Black eye

~ Sarah Kay

run4fun8910

four wunz eye wysh are kiz wood korrektly uz inglish. Clowning around
                    Short term goal: 5K Long term goal: half marathon. Stay injury free. Shawn
                    btb1490

One of my favorite cartoons...

Team HTFU NCTR Driver

Yeah, that stuff really bugs me, too. There is a restaurant about 45 minutes from us called Kuntry Kubbard. Black eye
                        And yet you have Icanhascheezburger.com's RSS feed bookmarked. did

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

And yet you have Icanhascheezburger.com's RSS feed bookmarked. did
                          Shut it. Roll eyes

~ Sarah Kay

Is it just me or is that a kind of offensive name for a restaurant??? Surprised
                            zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Is it just me or is that a kind of offensive name for a restaurant??? Surprised
                              No, I've often thought it was a very unfortunate moniker, as well.

~ Sarah Kay

Actually, I'd like to know what HTFU stands for!!!! Confused