Running in the Cold (Read 503 times)

This is an interesting article. I don't think I'd want to run in -40! http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20080104.l-coldrunner04/BNStory/International/

Suffering Benefiting from mature onset exercise addiction and low aerobic endorphin release threshold. Hoping there is no cure.

jfa

Wow ! Great article. UndecidedI just did a 6.5 miler in 14*f this morning.Suddenly,I don't feel so tough!

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Yeah...my coldest run of -5ºF windchill doesn't seem quite so godawful, now.... Tongue

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Hey Ruth - also from the Toronto area (Oakville). The pic in your profile looks like it could be from the Toad. Any chance it is?
            Stupid Canadians.
              I've run at -10F and the biggest problem I had was keeping my glasses from frosting over. He is right though, the worst thing you can do is over dress when running in the cold. It's trapped moisture that makes you cold. He is also right that as a guy, you only forget to wear wind resistant briefs once. Shocked Tom
                Hey Ruth - also from the Toronto area (Oakville). The pic in your profile looks like it could be from the Toad. Any chance it is?
                The Toad? No, the Toronto Marathon October 2007. Ran the 5k around Queen's Park - nice run. I am trying to beat a PR but, as you can see, I burned up most of my energy waiting for the run to start.

Suffering Benefiting from mature onset exercise addiction and low aerobic endorphin release threshold. Hoping there is no cure.

still alive

-40, no . . my limit is -30. Actually I don't mind at all around -10. Today was +34. I have been running here lately near 0. So I was not used to it. OMG I felt like I was in the middle of the Sahara.

Greg in ND

One day at a time.