Unable to post or click on the editor's toolbar buttons? (Read 566 times)

eric :)

Hi guys,

I'm starting a new thread to track this problem.  Some of you reported that you can't post or get the emoticons to work.  I have reproduced this problem, but under a circumstance that I don't understand.  In order for me to confirm  this, can you try to launch a new instance of Firefox and go straight to RA and try creating a post?  No need to click the Post button if you're only testing.

Here's the circumstance that reproduced the problem for me.  If I go to Facebook first, then head over to RA in the same browser, then this problem occurs.  Is this the same for you?

Prince of Fatness

Eric,

I just closed Firefox, launched it again, and came back here and started this post.

I can not even enter text until I click on HTML then click on Design.  That allows me to type stuff, but none of the buttons work.  I don't use Facebook at all.  I am running Firefox 3.0.11 on XP Pro SP3.

Thanks.

MTA: For me this behavior started over the weekend.

Not at it at all. 

Neil Gunn

Gandalf the Grey

No ... tried that and it worked OK. Maybe the steps I followed were not the same as the ones you followed?

Neil

Running ... just keep running!

12-week layoff

I use my iPhone to post, and never had a problem until this week. Now I have to click the HTML button, click DONE on my phone keyboard, then tap the screen for the keyboard to come up again. I just updated to iPhone 3.0 software and am, of course, using safari.

Huh!  Now I can get the emoticons to work.  I am using Safari.

I was on facebook earlier but closed it and then got on safari and am now having no problems

Um, delete above.  I just tried to post on my regular thread (Master's/Boomers) and could not get one to show up.

Very weird.

For me, it is only Firefox that is causing the problem. I also have to click on HTML to start posting and nothing else works; photos or smiley faces. This is happening on my computer at home and also at work. I have no problems with Internet Explorer.

Can't post in Firefox; I typed this using Internet Explorer 7.

EDTA: This is a new problem, btw. I was always able to use Firefox until now.

Age 60 plus best times: 5k 19:00, 10k 38:35, 10m 1:05:30, HM 1:24:09, 30k 2:04:33
                kcam

Hmm, this is being posted using Firefox 3.0.11 (Windows 2000).  All seems to work.  No clicking HTML first, didn't navigate from Facebook.

Prince of Fatness

It's still a problem for me.  I must click HTML then Design.  I can type but buttons don't work.  I've tried on a couple of PC's.  Both XP SP3 and Firefox 3.0.11.

Not at it at all. 

The shirtless wonder

Are you guys using any firefox add-ons?

an amazing likeness

Firefox 3.0.11

Win XP w/all current SP and patches

The message editor functions are all locked / inactive / no-workee.  As others report, this is new behavior for me in FireFox as well, it worked until recently. 

If I click on the "<> HTML", the editor then lets me type.

I do notice that when it is not active that FireFox is indicating that the page is still loading -- the little "activity spinner" in the upper right of Firefox is spinning.

I am now wondering if there's something in the last round of patches from MS that is an influence in this problem.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Prince of Fatness

Yeah, I have AdBlock Plus and NoScript running.  I don't have them configured to block anything from RA.

Not at it at all. 

an amazing likeness

AdBlock Plus and Flashblock.

I've tried disabling it completely and still see the same behavior / problem with posting on RA with or without AdBlock.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

eric :)

Hi guys,

I submitted a report to the editor's vendor.  Hopefully they can shed some light on the problem.

I tried to reproduce the problem with FF 3.0.5 and it works fine.  No one here has mentioned any other version of FF so maybe the problem is specific to 3.0.11?

I'll keep you posted on what the vendor says.

Prince of Fatness

I tried to reproduce the problem with FF 3.0.5 and it works fine.  No one here has mentioned any other version of FF so maybe the problem is specific to 3.0.11?

Eric,

Just to provide you with some info ..... 3.0.11 was released recently so I checked when I actually installed.  It installed on June 11.  I started having these issues over the past weekend, so everything was working fine on version 3.0.11 for over a week before this started happening.

Thanks!

Not at it at all.