Plantar Fasciitis Night Splint Recommendation (Read 550 times)

Al1

For those who have tried a night splint to treat plantar fasciitis, what type have you had luck with?....sock, boot, splint, etc. Did you try different styles before finding one that worked best? I took 5 weeks off and had one steroid injection and after my first slow run on the road Saturday, my plantar fasciitis flared up again. I'm now back to ice. I was looking at all the different brands of night splints to keep a stretch on my foot and was wondering if anyone had any good recommendations. Sad
      I've been suffering from PF in my right foot since Jul 06. After a recent visit with a Podiatrist, who gave me another cortizone shot (first one was in late Jan), purchasing a good quality pair of motion control running shoes, I was finally able to run outside with virtually no pain. I've been wearing a Strassburg Sock for the last several months. I stretch using an elastic strap (on both L/R legs) then put the sock on my right foot for the night. The combination of stretching and wearing the sock seems to help quite a bit. I notice more pain in my right foot on mornings I forget to stretch/wear the sock. Although I have no experience with other night splints, if you're like me and move about while you sleep at night, I'm sure your wife would appreciate you wearing a sock vice a hard boot Smile. GOOD LUCK!!!
        I am about 95% recovered from PF and wear the Strassburg Sock every night. I initially tried a boot and there was no sleep that night for me, so I invested in the sock.
        "It is very hard in the beginning to understand that the whole idea is not to beat the other runner. Eventually you learn that the competition is against the little voice inside you that wants to quit." George Sheehan