Vancouver Sun Run has its own Rosie Ruiz! 50-54 and 55-59 AG Cheaters (Read 183 times)

I don't know, sometimes you just have to laugh...what was the point?? The video is hilarious!

http://fullcomment.nationalpost.com/2013/04/25/vancouver-sun-run-veterans-handed-lifetime-ban-for-cheating/

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

What?  Taking shortcuts is cheating?

Mysecondnewname

Disgusting and lame.

#artbydmcbride

In a 10k??  Roll eyes

Runners run

#artbydmcbride

What?  Taking shortcuts is cheating?

and claiming the age group hardware ...

Runners run

The most disgusting thing about this?  They can't even get Sean Astin's name right.  I mean, that's Mikey (not our running Mikey, but Mikey from Goonies), Rudy, and Samwise Gamgee!  Have they no shame!?

There was a point in my life when I ran. Now, I just run.

We are always running for the thrill of it

Always pushing up the hill, searching for the thrill of it

bhearn

Sad.

That was my first race. That bridge is a bitch.

Hipfan

Proud Calgarian

C'mon though, doesn't she just look like she can do a 41-minute 10k to win the women's 50-54 AG? :eyeroll:

2015 Goals and PRs:

5k - 17:59 (18:05);  10k - 35:59 (36:42);   HM - 1:19:19 (1:19:59);   FM - 2:49:59 (3:05:46)

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

I just don't get it Confused

steph  

Walk-Jogger

Fer gad's sakes, it was obvious at a glance from her short slow shuffling stride and all the clothes she was wearing, she wasn't a 41 minute10K runner. And it looked like she was even WALKING up that bridge while she was behind the older couple in the video, while all those other actual runners were running past. And then she claims the win for her A/G? AND apparently she's done this for the past 4 years as well, starting in 2009?

That is so far beyond beyond pathetic, the words that would best describe how I feel about it will not be posted here out of common decency. Angry

Here's a link to the Vancouver Sun's story about this:

http://www.vancouversun.com/news/world/would+anyone+cheat/8297100/story.html

Retired &  Loving It

B-Plus

Fer gad's sakes, it was obvious at a glance from her short slow shuffling stride and all the clothes she was wearing, she wasn't a 41 minute10K runner. And it looked like she was even WALKING up that bridge while she was behind the older couple in the video, while all those other actual runners were running past. And then she claims the win for her A/G? AND apparently she's done this for the past 4 years as well, starting in 2009?

That is so far beyond beyond pathetic, the words that would best describe how I feel about it will not be posted here out of common decency. Angry

Here's a link to the Vancouver Sun's story about this:

http://www.vancouversun.com/news/world/would+anyone+cheat/8297100/story.html

Apparently, since she is wearing a blue bib (1st corral behind the elites). There was probably intent from the get go, because you need to specify you want to be at the front. You are required to select "request seeding" on the entry form and you need to provide proof of sub-44 finish for women. For those that don't know how big this race is, there were close to 50,000 entrants. So I think it's a big deal to request to be at the front.

There was a guy in the 55-59 age category, also a winner, that was also DQ'ed for the same reason.  He has also won in the past.

His response was, "I might have made a few accidental turns but I didn't do it to cheat", or something along those lines.

When you are in a 10k race with 50,000 other participants it is pretty difficult to go the wrong way!!!!!

2018 Goals

Figure out the achilles thing...... and THEN try to get running regularly again.

No racing goals 

This is the biggest running scandal to hit Canada since the 1988 Olympics.

Life Goals:

#1: Do what I can do

#2: Enjoy life

disgusting for sure.

5k  = 19.48 10/1/13

10k  = 45.28 4/16/13

Half Marathon = 1:38.53  Summer Sizzle 7/13/14

Operation Jack Marathon 12/26/12  4:39.11

Solo O Marathon 06/02/13  3:52:10

Operation Jack Marathon 12/26/13 3:40.34

I echo how disgusting that is. They must have attended a training camp that Kip Litton runs for cheaters, and received a comp entry into the Western Wyoming marathon (that he made up). However, she must have skipped the session "evidence avoidance" because the video evidence on her is damning (it is almost comical to watch).

Rob