20 min. course PR...for a 5K! (Read 868 times)

Yep, you read that right! Last year at this time I was 4 months into a journey toward better health. I decided to walk the 5K turkey trot with my brother and sister-in-law. I finished in just under an hour. I started a learn to run program in February 2008 and have since logged 359 miles. My long run is up to 7 miles and I have lost 50 lbs. All of that work netted me a 20 minute course PR, on a hilly out and back course. Today I finished in 40:19, and I ran every single step! This is the perfect day to reflect on what we are thankful for, and running is definitely HIGH on my list. Thanks to everyone who posts here. You are both encouraging and inspirational! Happy Thanksgiving!

A Saucy Wench

congrats! that is awesome!

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

now that is something to be VERY proud of! thanks so much for sharing Smile
          that is really awesome debbie!! nice job!!

denise

Roses Revenge

Wow! That's terrific. I think I need to go find a 5K and see what happens.

Marathon Maniac #991 Half Fanatic #58 Double Agent #22  It's a perfect day and I feel great!

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Congratulations, Debbie! That is very inspiring.
              theyapper

On the road again...

Great run and report!

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Prince of Fatness

Congratulations!

Not at it at all. 

#artbydmcbride

That may be a record improvement from one 5k to the next! Great job! Smile

Runners run

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Debbie, that is outstanding--and not just the PR. The whole thing...WTG on the weight loss, too! Big grin

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Debbie.....this is really great...KEEP IT UP....... You should be very proud of yourself and the more you do and the more you do it, but better you will get.......so keep after it and post again when you meet your next goal....... Smile Big grin Wink Tongue Shocked

Champions are made when no one is watching

Thanks guys...I was a little surprised to see my thread bumped up today. I appreciate the good thoughts! Smile

Another Passion

Glad it was bumped! Congratulations and keep up the good work!

Rick
                            "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
                            "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
                            runningforcassy.blogspot.com

Gotta TRI

Great job! Can't wait til I can do that!
                              2010 Dec. California International Marathon 2011 Jan. Disney Marathon
                                That's an awesome job, Debbie! And I would say that the inspiration is reciprical. I wish you continued good luck on your journey.