1500 miles...been there, done that (in pictures)! (Read 1109 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

omg every time I see zoomy is jscovill - this is too ahrd!!! oh and YEAH ZOOMY!!!
    Yeah, it was confusing ME, too! Big grin Thanks, peeps--now you can see the photos, too (I dragged 'em off of my Verizon gallery and uploaded them to Smugmug.com). Smile

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Another Passion

Way to go girlie! You've been an inspiration! Have a great '09 as well my friend. Hopefully I will be a part of some of your miles next year. Wink

Rick
      "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
      "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
      runningforcassy.blogspot.com

Nice job, Zoomie - a really great year! You should be proud. I was training for my first marathon when I read your report. Your troubles became my salvation. I modified my in-race nutrition (salt!) after reading about your troubles. Thanks for the (unwilling) advice! Nice goals for 2009. You're gonna kick ass.

"You can't have everything. Where would you put it?" - Steven Wright

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Thanks, guys! Jeff, I'm glad my experience lent something useful to your training and own race. I certainly won't be making the same mistake twice, that's for certain. Big grin

~ Sarah Kay

an amazing likeness

It is hard work Kirsten, you should feel awfully darn proud. Pesonally, I owe you (and Ennay) a thanks for this year -- you motivate me.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

De-slacking in progress

Keep all that white junk up there with you- I don't want to have to invest in any more running equipment like those YakTrack things

started running @ age 48 [lost 70#+, quit a 30 year pack/day habit>> ran HM]  Ran a few years then quit. Gained 70#+ back and smoking like before. Time to get healthy again @ 52 years over with the C25K program and beyond again. RE-start date 1-13-14

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Damn, the camera angle of this shot makes my calves look almost as ginormous as Trent's! Shocked
                Keep all that white junk up there with you- I don't want to have to invest in any more running equipment like those YakTrack things
                Are you sure you don't want some? We have plenty to share... Evil grin

~ Sarah Kay

Old, Slow, Happy

Great Year Zoomy!!! I ran in snow yesterday but the flat county roads here in NW Ohio just don't seem to be as much fun as your trails up there in the Winter Wonderland. Good Luck with your knee issues. I'm looking at prescription orthotics for my mine. Here's wishing you another great year next year!! Smile
                  zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Great Year Zoomy!!! I ran in snow yesterday but the flat county roads here in NW Ohio just don't seem to be as much fun as your trails up there in the Winter Wonderland. Good Luck with your knee issues. I'm looking at prescription orthotics for my mine. Here's wishing you another great year next year!! Smile
                    Thanks! But my runs for almost a month have all been on roads (those pics are on a paved road...plowing budgets have been slashed this year--yikes!)...I'm thinking the "fun" trails would be really brutal right now. Best of luck with your own knee issues. They really put a crimp in things. I'll be interested to hear how the orthotics work for you.

~ Sarah Kay

Very nice. What's next?
                      runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Congrats on 2008. Hopefully I will be running again in 2009.

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

Old, Slow, Happy

Thanks! But my runs for almost a month have all been on roads (those pics are on a paved road...plowing budgets have been slashed this year--yikes!)...I'm thinking the "fun" trails would be really brutal right now. Best of luck with your own knee issues. They really put a crimp in things. I'll be interested to hear how the orthotics work for you.
                          I have seen that you've had a bunch of snow in your area. I only see roads like that about once every other year. We are located between lake effects. The highway crews here get excited about 2 inches. I can see your trails would be tough. I'm actually going to Mich. for my orthotics. Not that it's that far. For me Mich. is about 10 miles straight north. I'm going to Adrian to check into orthotics. I'll let you know what happens.

Giants Fan

CONGRATS ZOOMY!!! Way to go! Next year is going to be a piece of cake for you woman, you're on a roll!!!

"I think I've discovered the secret of life- you just hang around until you get used to it."

Charles Schulz

Nice work, Zoomy! We don't have much in the way of snow yet, although we do have about 3 inches of ice. I'll skip the yak trax and stick to screw shoes.

Run to Win
                              25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

Great job this year Zoom. Keep up the trail runnin'.