I loves me some gadgets! (Read 993 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I just realized...I am a technology whore (in addition to shoes and other assorted gear). Some girls like flowers and scrapbooking supplies, I love electronics. I have... • 2 digital SLRs (Canon 10D and 20D) and battery grips, flash units, etc. I shoot weddings occasionally, otherwise I'd think this overkill. • Garmin • cell phone • blue tooth headset (because Juke phone is too damned small to actually hold--great for running with, though--and I can't do the shoulder thing with it, either. I used to think bluetooth headsets were dumb, but I can talk to Eryn and surf RA at the same time...and do laundry. Hella cool) • iPod • dedicated film scanner • flatbed scanner (piece-o-crap) • computer (did insisted I include this...I think it's sort of obvious) • Palm device (mostly use as alarm clock) What you got?

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

JakeKnight

You do realize you're a self-described whore for like 12 different things, right? You should focus on just one or two. Better whoring. Blue Tooth only exists to make people call you an annoying, pretentious weenie. And they're right. Wait. You have a computer?

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
      -----------------------------

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Nah, Bluetooth is great for multi-tasking. My diminutive phone is great for running, but too damned small to actually hold without my hand cramping up (I swear there was a comedian or an ad with a bit about miniature cell phones that are too small to actually hold while using--that's my phone...like a pack of gum with a speaker). Since all my family has Verizon cells we do most of our long-distance on our cell phones. I've had the wired headsets, but they always drive me nuts and get tangled into knots (and the phone has to be open to use those, so can't be worn on the beltclip...ack).

~ Sarah Kay

Not too many gadgets...I just got a Garmin 305 for Christmas, prior to that I only wore a watch a few times...now I can't imagine life w/out Garmin! iPod (shuffle and 60GB-though I run with neither) Garmin Kodak digital camera Computer Cell phone My self described "whoreness,"--hooded sweatshirts. I don't know why. But I have a problem. A serious one.
            personal technology or household technology?? like a wireless network in the house so we can have thee laptops and two desktops for use? HP51V PDA Cell phone Digital Camera (soon to be a 'fancy one" like zoomies.. IPOD presenter clicker for computer (hope to get my own LCD projector soon...) One HR monitor and a second coming in the mail today (I hope) MP3 Player scanner Laser pointer (very fun to play with)
              I love gadgets as well. Here's my list so far: Canon A620 camera Desktop PC which I built Laptop PC (Toshiba) Klipsch Promedia 2.1 computer speakers Various printers & scanners Sony w810i phone w/ mp3 player, camera ,video, etc. Sony KV-30HS420 30" widescreen hdtv (will be moved to bedroom once replaced) DVD player Just got HDTV/DVR via Cox cable Garmin 305 Polar FS1 HR Monitor (serves as a backup now that I have the Garmin) Nintendo Wii Sony PS2 Sound system in my car (not the obnoxious kind) Epic 550 View TV Treadmill Digital meat thermometer * added after I saw someone elses Big grin Future: Another laptop Digital SLR Bigger HDTV (60"+ 1080p DLP probably) A home entertainment system (receiver + speakers) Sony PS3
              My self described "whoreness,"--hooded sweatshirts. I don't know why. But I have a problem. A serious one.
              I love me some hoodies as well. I don't know why, they're just so damned comfortable. Bill Belichick is jockin' my style! Big grin
              jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Personal: Cell phone Garmin 305 Palm Tungsten T5 80GB iPod iPod Shuffle iPod Nano 2 sony digital cameras Canon 30D SLR Household: iMac All-in-one printer flatbed scanner Electronic remote meat thermometer Bose Wave Radio Wine aerator (my wife just got me this -- pour wine through this thing into the glass and it aerates it as it goes through) and the latest and greatest addition: 73 motherf*****g inch Mitsubushi rear-projection DLP 1080p HDTV. I will watch lousy shows just 'cuz they look so good. But mostly, it's for watching Ratatouille life-size.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Mile Collector

Abs of Flabs

You do realize you're a self-described whore for like 12 different things, right? You should focus on just one or two. Better whoring.
                  JK, that's the funniest thing I read recently. Thanks for the laugh! I got: - cell phone - iPod (treadmill running) - mp3 player (outdoor running) - Timex watch - Timex GPS with HR monitor - Garmin 305 with HR monitor - Polar HR monitor (why do I have so many HR monitors???) - digital camera - flatbed scanner that I can't use anymore because Epson doesn't have a driver for Windows Vista - laser printer - photo printer, again can't use because of Vista. (hey, it's not what Vista can do for you. It's what you can buy for Vista!) - computer - computer (that runs a whole bunch of virtual computers inside it) - laptop computer - Olympus binocular microscope with a moving stage, coarse and fine adjustments, 5 objectives including a 100x objective, camera ready (how much does that fetch me on eBay?)
                  zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

*bows to gadget guru*
                    Electronic remote meat thermometer
                    Hey, what kind do you have? did bought me one years ago that was a POS...flaked-out weeks after he bought it...would jump all over...like 75º to 250º to 50º to 400º to 125º.... Nice TV. I really wish we had a better one. We have an Akai widescreen old school tube set. Yeah, I hadn't heard of that brand, either. did thought it was a great bargain. I think there's a lot of "you get what you pay for" with TVs. It went all to hell about 3 days after the warranty expired. Next time we go with a brand we've actually heard of.

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Laser pointer (very fun to play with)
                      We have one of those, too...but it's for the cats. Blush Ooh, I could include kitchen gadgets in my list. That would add my 5 qt. KitchenAid Heavy Duty stand mixer, KA blender, and ice cream machine--with built-in compressor. I don't mess around with ice cream. We bought Eryn and her hubby the same one when they married...their nuptials included 3 kids, so what's a better wedding gift for a new family of 5 than the ability to make multiple batches of ice cream in different flavors? Smile

~ Sarah Kay

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

*bows to gadget guru* Hey, what kind do you have? did bought me one years ago that was a POS...flaked-out weeks after he bought it...would jump all over...like 75º to 250º to 50º to 400º to 125º....
                        I have this one: but I'm liking the looks of this one with dual probes: Uh, huh huh, he said dual probes...

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Ooh, ooh, I forgot my NexStar SE telescope! Not to mention one of those green laser pointers that you can see for 5 miles. Great for observing (as long as you don't aim at planes), because they're so bright you can "point" at objects in the night sky (the beam lights up dust particles in the atmosphere). And I'm not sure if musical instruments count as gadgets, but I have: Bach 42T Stradivarius Trombone 6-string acoustic guitar 12-sting acoustic guitar electric bass guitar epiphone electric guitar and all the assorted gear that goes with that gear.

Scout7

Wow.... Just, wow..... I have a Garmin. And a computer that my wife uses way more than I do. I have an Ipod Shuffle, but I barely use it anymore, since I only ever used it for driving, anyway. A cell phone that I don't use about 3/4 of the functionality on. Yeah, that's about it. I don't even wear a watch anymore. I've become so anti-tech it's scary. Especially considering that I work in software development.
                              We have one of those, too...but it's for the cats. Blush Ooh, I could include kitchen gadgets in my list. That would add my 5 qt. KitchenAid Heavy Duty stand mixer, KA blender, and ice cream machine--with built-in compressor. I don't mess around with ice cream. We bought Eryn and her hubby the same one when they married...their nuptials included 3 kids, so what's a better wedding gift for a new family of 5 than the ability to make multiple batches of ice cream in different flavors? Smile
                              What kind of ice cream machine? To live in a world where I make my own ice cream...somehow I don't think it is a good idea...but now I am intrigued!
                              zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Nice telescope. did is always lusting after high end ones like that. Though maybe not as much as LED flashlights...boy is having major wants for high-powered flashlights and headlamps...crazy cyclist. Wink

~ Sarah Kay