Weird, but true news stories (Read 677 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Here's one from our area.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Now that was a bath...

Hot topic of today from Papatoetoe New Zealand (straight from the coconut wireless as they call it here) is this... The rights of the fa'afafine... All of the prostitutes in our area are fa'afafines and I have always had great difficulty with the concept of them. For those who don't know, some Samoan boys are brought up as girls and dressed as girls by their parents. Many struggle with drug and alcohol issues in later life and lots end up working the streets. I have always thought that each culture has a right to present and continue its own history, but I think that messing with a babies gender brings too many issues to the table. The area that I live in is 40% Samoan so fa'afafines are very accepted here. Kirsten - at least that man didn't die! Imagine that! Claire xxx
    • jlynnbob "HTFU, Kookie's distal tibia"
    • Where's my closet? I need to get back in it.
      Mishka-old log

Kirsten - at least that man didn't die! Imagine that!
        That would have been shitty.

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
          Thyroid Support Group

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Reminds me of a Jackass bit...only without Johnny Knoxville.... Tongue k

~ Sarah Kay

You'll ruin your knees!

I'll bet that all through his recovery, unless there's something to cheer him up, he'll stay down in the dumps. MTA: It's really quite moving.

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

Mishka-old log

The driver of the truck must have been relieved to hear everything came out ok. What a load off his mind.
                zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

*dying* Big grin

~ Sarah Kay

You'll ruin your knees!

The police paperwork must've been murder on this one! MTA: The police officer who resonded to the call was quoted as saying, "Right away, I saw the port-o-let on it's side. We had no idea someone was in there, but we knew this just didn't smell right. "

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

Mile Collector

Abs of Flabs

The truck driver poo-poo'ed the allegations that he was intoxicated. He did admit that had he been in the port-o-let, his day would have went down the toilet.
                      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

You guys are SO bad...love it! I'll bet that guy's pissed to know that his day started in the crapper like that! Big grin k

~ Sarah Kay

PWL

Has been

Here's a local story from our area that seems to be making big news http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21358971/

"Years ago my mother used to say to me, she'd say, 'In this world, Elwood, you must be' - she always called me Elwood - 'In this world, Elwood, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant.'  Well, for years I was smart.  I recommend pleasant."

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Here's a local story from our area that seems to be making big news http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21358971/
                            Oh, that story has been quite the discussion topic on a parenting board I frequent. We pretty much all agree that condoms are one thing, but medical birth control...whoa. k

~ Sarah Kay