Switch shoes during run (Read 239 times)

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

The data gymnastics here are kinda fun to watch.

bhearn

People. I asked this question FOUR YEARS AGO. Why is this thread still active??

For the record. In my experience, setting the initial mileage negative doesn't work. My solution is to set the initial mileage to the mileage run on that pair during the race, for each pair used, choose "no equipment" for the race itself, and note the actual mileage on each shoe in the workout notes.

For those who said "try to get by on one pair" let me know how that goes for you on 500+ mile races.

darkwave

Mother of Cats

let me know how that goes for you on 500+ mile races.

You call 500 miles a race, I call that a training cycle....

Everyone's gotta running blog; I'm the only one with a POOL-RUNNING blog.

And...if you want a running Instagram where all the pictures are of cats, I've got you covered.

JMac11

RIP Milkman

You call 500 miles a race, I call that a training cycle....

I would call it a sure fire way to decrease your life expectancy significantly.

5K: 16:37 (11/20)  |  10K: 34:49 (10/19)  |  HM: 1:14:57 (5/22)  |  FM: 2:36:31 (12/19) 

bhearn

I would have agreed with you a few years ago. Now I think the reverse... depending on how you run it. I still feel that cumulative sleep deprivation = cumulative brain damage. But there need not be a lot of actual sleep deprivation in even a record-setting 6-day race. A record-setting 48-hour, OTOH, you can't really do without sleep deprivation. We've all pulled all nighters; a 48-hour is much, much harder. How much more damage does it do? I don't know. I did swear off them after my last one, though.

Apart from sleep deprivation, I more or less feel that as regards running, all other things being equal, what doesn't kill you makes you stronger.

I would call it a sure fire way to decrease your life expectancy significantly.

minayang

No reason provided
              AlexaJhon

No reason provided
                lorrielsims

She is smart, compassionate, and will represent Ward 3 a helluva lot better than incompetent san jose adu design

couponduos

No reason provided