Grandma's Marathon (Read 410 times)

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

We have had a Grandma's Marathon group for some time, for those interested: http://runningahead.com/groups/Granny/ As a reminder, from their website: GRANDMA'S MARATHON IMPLEMENTS ONLINE REGISTRATION IN 2008 Out with the old — in with the new. For runners looking to participate in one of the three feature races during the 2008 Grandma’s Marathon weekend, June 19-21, the new year brings with it a transition to online registration. For the first time in more than three decades, registrants will no longer be required to mail a paper entry form and check. Instead, beginning Thursday, Jan. 17 when online registration officially opens for the 32nd running of Grandma’s Marathon, participants will be able to sign up simply by visiting www.GrandmasMarathon.com. Grandma's Marathon-Duluth, Inc. has partnered with MarathonGuide.com to provide 2008 online registration services for Grandma's Marathon, the Garry Bjorklund Half Marathon and the William A. Irvin 5K. Registration for all three races will be conducted solely through www.GrandmasMarathon.com. MarathonGuide.com was launched in 2000 as a one-stop resource for ‘everything marathoning.’ In addition to providing online registration capabilities, the company’s web site attracts more than 22,000 unique visitors to its site every day and boasts the web’s largest directory of U.S. and International marathons. “The response that we have received from our runners has been tremendous and we are equally excited about this opportunity to offer the convenience and ease of registering online. The entire process takes just a few minutes and entry confirmation is virtually instant,” says Scott Keenan, executive director of Grandma's Marathon. “We could not be happier with our decision to make this conversion to a more streamlined registration process.” Important Registration Dates and Details: GRANDMA'S MARATHON Registration for the 32nd annual Grandma's Marathon will begin at 12:01 a.m. (CST) on Thursday, January 17, 2008. The race is limited to 9,500 participants and registrants will be taken on a first come, first serve basis.

Imminent Catastrophe

I didn't know about that group, thanks. Leave your iPods at home. It's all in my sig line.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016