TRAIL RELAY/80 MILE RELAY!!!!!!!!read this!!!! (Read 534 times)

x-country_grl

Hey has any one here ever ran the 80or 270 Mile Relays before. If u havent they are totally awesome!! Big grin
    x-country_grl

This race takes place in Manistee, Michigan. There are 4-6 people to a team. Do a search on th web for more info. It's a wicked race!!!!!! Wink
      jrehkop

There is another one in April each year in Southern Illinois--River to River Relay. 8 runners, 80 miles, 240 teams!
          I ran the River to River in Illinois this year. It was a great race -- and the most well organized race I've ever run. Really amazing since there were 240 teams of 8 people each and 240 vans and the race course runs 80 miles from one edge of the state to the other. Smile Running on a team was a great experience. Our team placed in our age division so we get a guaranteed spot next year. I can't wait! Teresa
          x-country_grl

There are 8 people to a team well for our 80 mile trail relay in Michigan the limit was 6 people. 1 of our guys team had 4 people on there team. we were the youngest group there.
            zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Which race was this...was this the North Country Relay? My hubby's aunt and uncle help organize this and my MIL was a volunteer this year. Great race from all I have heard.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Lazy idiot

I'm confused. You had 8 people in a 6-person limit relay? Confused

Tick tock

x-country_grl

Yea it's the North County Trail Relay. The race was awesome. We had 3 teams run and we r running again next year! Big grin ur hubby's Aunt and Uncle really know how to set up a quality race.!!! oh and for the relay i was talking about it was 6 people but the illinois one that other people were talking about it was 8 people.

Lazy idiot

Okay, sorry. Got confused by the syntax.

Tick tock

x-country_grl

Yea i'm a really bad and slow typer!!!!

Now that was a bath...

A Poem... But I use words as others use algebraic signs: with meticulousness, with caution, with the precision of the artisan. I sculpt in words. I stop. I tilt my head. I listen to the echoes. The tables of emotional resonance. The fine tuned reverberations of pain and love and fear. Air waves and photonic ricochets answered by chemicals secreted in my listeners and my readers. I know beauty. I have always known it in the biblical sense, it was my passionate mistress. We made love. We procreated the cold children of my texts. I measured its aesthetics admiringly. But this is the mathematics of grammar. It was merely the undulating geometry of syntax. I wrote: "My world is painted in shadows of fear and sadness. Perhaps they are related - I fear the sadness. To avoid the overweening, sepia melancholy that lurks in the dark corners of my being - I deny my own emotions. I do so thoroughly, with the single-mindedness of a survivor. I persevere through dehumanization. I automate my processes. Gradually, parts of my flesh turn into metal and I stand there, exposed to sheering winds, as grandiose as my disorder." I never felt except in prison - and yet there, I wrote in prose. The poetry I authored as one does math. It was the syllabic music that attracted me, the power to compose with words. I wasn't looking to express any profound truth or to convey a thing about myself. I wanted to recreate the magic of the broken metric. I still recite aloud a poem until it SOUNDS right. I write upright - the legacy of prison. I stand and type on a laptop perched atop a cardboard box. It is ascetic and, to me, so is poetry. A purity. An abstraction. A string of symbols open to exegesis. It is the most sublime intellectual pursuit in a world that narrowed down and has become only my intellect.
                      • jlynnbob "HTFU, Kookie's distal tibia"
                      • Where's my closet? I need to get back in it.