The "M" word... (Read 1002 times)

2008 Philly Trifecta

Turning forty in exactly 10 months from today!!! Shocked What's your running Motivation??? Dave

***Check out my site: where I've been, and where I'm going @ releasetherunner.blogspot.com
    2008 Philly Trifecta:
    10 Mile Broad St Run-5/4
    Philly Distance Run HM-9/21
    Philly Marathon-11/23
    "A goal not written down is only a dream...!"

Motivation... ...podcasts. ...I don't want my belly lapping over my belt. ...I want to see my willy. ...I want to have kids... and do things with them without having a heart attack. ...relives stress for me. ...helps me break away from my life. Isn't your primary motivation to be a steward over the temple given you? (It should be my prime motivation.) modal (who is on the high end of 20 looking up to his 30s Angry)

Vim

Prophet!

...I want to see my willy.
        nuff said.
        Gig

To keep myself healthy enough to spend many, many years with my wife and daughter. Also, to get away from them for an hour or two. Tongue
            Another factor to throw out there.... Walking/running are simple and convenient unless you live in a flood zone or Venice.

Vim

dillydoodles

I just returned to running last week, after an 11 week absence (dealing with Piriformis Syndrome, which hasn't completely gone away). I was pretty miserable for those 11 weeks, (and pretty miserable to live with). My husband is VERY glad I'm running again. I guess I run so I don't blow up (in more ways than one, LOL!)
              zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I don't want to spend my 30s like I did my 20s--obese (so far, so good...and I'm almost 35). I want to be able to say that I've trained well for and run at least one marathon in my lifetime (even if I decide that I don't like marathons, I will still continue to run shorter distances, 'cause I loves me a HM). I want to set a good example for my kid. I want to be old and mobile, not old and unable to get myself around. I want a good excuse to be a shoe and gadget whore. 'Cause I like free technical shirts.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Another Passion

To be more like my hero... zoom-zoom! Big grin

Rick
                  "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
                  "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
                  runningforcassy.blogspot.com

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

To be more like my hero... zoom-zoom! Big grin
                    Blush I think... Smile

~ Sarah Kay

Another Passion

Rick

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Tight lipped <--- smooch (or maybe hurl...i can't figure out what that guy is doing. he looks either like he's puckering up to smooch or puckering up to keep from blowing chunks) :d smooch="" (or="" maybe="" hurl...i="" can't="" figure="" out="" what="" that="" guy="" is="" doing.="" he="" looks="" either="" like="" he's="" puckering="" up="" to="" smooch="" or="" puckering="" up="" to="" keep="" from="" blowing="" chunks)=""></--- smooch (or maybe hurl...i can't figure out what that guy is doing. he looks either like he's puckering up to smooch or puckering up to keep from blowing chunks) :d>

~ Sarah Kay

Another Passion

Tight lipped <--- smooch="" (or="" maybe="" hurl...i="" can't="" figure="" out="" what="" that="" guy="" is="" doing.="" he="" looks="" either="" like="" he's="" puckering="" up="" to="" smooch="" or="" puckering="" up="" to="" keep="" from="" blowing="" chunks)=""></--->
                          I'll take the smooch. I get enough chunks in real life. Wink

Rick

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I'll take the smooch. I get enough chunks in real life. Wink
                            That's one thing I have yet to do while running...yet. I finished a 10 mile race last Spring that had me contemplating what would happen if I did, though. The entire last half mile I was wondering what sort of spectacle I'd create if I puked while running. Dead Luckily I felt MUCH better as soon as I finished.

~ Sarah Kay

Another Passion

That's one thing I have yet to do while running...yet. I finished a 10 mile race last Spring that had me contemplating what would happen if I did, though. The entire last half mile I was wondering what sort of spectacle I'd create if I puked while running. Dead Luckily I felt MUCH better as soon as I finished.
                              Oh... it's never my OWN chunks... always someone else's, like on full arrest EMS calls... the people ALWAYS puke. The last one I was on (last week, I think) I got puked on. I don't run hard enough to blow chunks... I did a lot when I used to drink though which usually preceded blacking-out, which is why I don't so much any more. Big grin

Rick

tech geek

1. The fact I quit smoking, and don't want to gain weight. 2. Being single for the first time in 10 years, and enjoying the time to myself. 3. The feeling of the last 5 minutes of my run when I know I have accomplished something I could not do 4 months ago. 4. It gives me something to talk about on the internets.