August "Virtual 5K/5Mile" invitation to all RunningAHEAD members (Read 968 times)

Wingz

Professional Noob

Hey, all! It's time to pre-register for August's Virtual 5K/5Mile race! For those of you who are unfamiliar with this, simply go out and run either a 5K or 5 miles. It can be at a race, or your own course if no race is handy. Then submit your times and I'll compile them into our own RunningAHEAD race results page! Dates for the race are Aug 5 - 6. Try to run during that weekend - if you must run earlier, pretend you didn't, ok? Wink Submit your time from Aug 5 - 7th only. Times submitted too early will be penalized with extra minutes tagged on! Times submitted late will miss getting posted! Sign up for the race by replying to this post! It's free! It's fun! See you there!

Roads were made for journeys...

Wingz

Professional Noob

I'm signing up for the 5K division! Anyone who doesn't race is slower than me! pbpbpbpbpb

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Dang, well I will be gone until late on the 7th.... Sad k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Wingz

Professional Noob

Attention "Special Needs" runners... Want to participate but can't run 5K? Going to be out of town over the dates but still want to join in the fun? Email me at yanelh@hotmail.com and we'll try to work something out! Janell

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

You mentioned something about *cough* using a time from a race the weekend before *cough*.... Wink k

~ Sarah Kay

revans

Hi There, I'm very new to both this site and running and therefore apologise in advance if I have done something wrong. I would very much like to sign up for the 5 mile virtual race that will be held early August. Please can someone tell me where I post my time etc. Many thanks Rich
              Wingz

Professional Noob

Hi, Rich! You've just signed up for the 5 mile division of our Virtual 5K/5M race! Simple, huh? Big grin When I get the website together sometime within the next two weeks, I'll post the link here where you can submit your time. Please submit your results there between Aug 5 and Aug 7. I'll have the results out as soon as I can after the 7th! Welcome aboard! Janell

Wingz

Professional Noob

Updated list of who's registered for August's race: 5K: Wingz ttmalek Erunama minnlax katkelly14 backroadrunner 5Mile: zoom-zoom revans Hawk Runner Fluffchub Mile Collector muggle Medical division: shuggaar: 0.7 miles As more people sign up I'll add them to this post. See you all at the race!!! Janell

I would like to sign up for the 5 mile race. Sorry I wasn't able to get my time in for July. Thanks.
                    "It is very hard in the beginning to understand that the whole idea is not to beat the other runner. Eventually you learn that the competition is against the little voice inside you that wants to quit." George Sheehan
                    Wingz

Professional Noob

Gotcha! Smile

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Well, crap...I wish I were doing a 5k, instead of a 10--I could actually win that division! Big grin k

~ Sarah Kay

Wingz

Professional Noob

pbpbpbpb! So far I've got a really good chance to win! Big grin (For those of you wondering, my PR for a 5K is 39:10...)

I'm up for that. Have been very lean on the threshold running stuff so will try to have a crack at the 5M title!!! .....oooh!! am starting to feel the burn already!! I'll be 'pretending' to do my run on 5-6th so will do one before then as I'll be Long Running at the weekend. Only one month 'til my first half at that point so got to stick with it right??!! Good luck everyone, FC
                            Wingz

Professional Noob

Hi! Gotcha on the 5M. Congrats on the new son! So you're training for a HM? Join us on the HM training blog also in this forum! Janell

Mile Collector

Abs of Flabs

Sign me up for the 5M too. Is it possible to extend the race period from just the weekend to any time during the week? I do my long runs on the weekend and I'll be running slowly no matter which 5 miles I use for the race.