August "Virtual 5K/5Mile" invitation to all RunningAHEAD members (Read 968 times)

Wingz

Professional Noob

Dates for the race are Aug 5 - 6. Try to run during that weekend - if you must run earlier, pretend you didn't, ok? Wink
    Signed up for 5M division. Hey, it's looking pretty good for me over here on the 5K... Big grin

Roads were made for journeys...

5K Please
      Wingz

Professional Noob

Aw, dang! There goes my first place finish! Wink It'll be good to have some company, though! Big grin

Erunama

Sign me up for the 5K. And, just wondering, why do you split it up into two races lengths? Why not keep us all together in one big happy family (since there are so few)? Big grin
          Wingz

Professional Noob

Welcome! The first time we did this I tried to have just the 5K, but there were several people who didn't want to run a 5K but wanted to run 5 miles instead. The 5 miles distance seems to be growing in popularity, but I want to keep the 5K open so that newer runners who aren't up to 5 miles can still have something to join in. If the 5M keeps on being so much more popular and newer people don't sign up for the 5K, we'll probably end up going with just the 5M. But for now, I'm hoping that word will continue to spread and we'll get more and more people participating so there will always be plenty of people to race with. Big grin Janell

minnlax

im running a 5k that weekend at a festivall up north. Il justl send you that time
              Wingz

Professional Noob

Great! The race page will be up soon...

Wingz

Professional Noob

Okay, everybody! I've posted a copy of The Rules for our Virtual 5K/5M race. Please read them at: http://www.geocities.com/yanelh/the_rules.html. When you have your time, you can submit it online at: http://www.geocities.com/yanelh/results_form.html Sign-up is still open! Just post your intent to race here and I'll add you to the list. Have fun, everyone! Janell

I'm in for the 5K!
                    Wingz

Professional Noob

gotcha!

Hello, just found this site today, and i'm trying to fill in my old logs from the Nike site. Anyways, count me in for the 5 miler
                        Wingz

Professional Noob

Hi, muggle! Perhaps Eric can help you work some magic with your logs. Wink Gotcha signed up for the 5 miler!

Greetings to all from beautiful Norge!!! (Norway) I'm pretending that it is 5.Aug because I likely won't have computer access until probably Monday. Sorry for any English errors, I've had to re-learn Norsk & I'm back to even thinking & dreaming Norwegian. My husband tried to kill me this morning running our 5K. He runs SO fast!! We ran about 27:30 & it felt great. We've been running every day here in Drammen along the river & it is great. Great weather, great areas to run, feels great. We are at sea level, so breathing is easy. Will try to post more early next week & maybe a pic or two if possible. Eryn
                            So do not get tired and stop trying. - Hebrews 12:3
                            nemo1

I'm signing up. I know you said to contact you about special needs runners, but my e-mail seems to be down. I guess you can sign me up for, I think I can do .7 miles. Either that or I can just walk for thirty minutes. I am allowed to walk for as long as I want, and I am strong enough to do thirty minutes now, I just don't know how far that is. I'm certainly not winning, but I want to be involved this time, I missed out before. Smile
                              Wingz

Professional Noob

Got you two - backroadrunner for 5K and Suggar working towards a very respectable .7 mi! You go, girls!!!