Cybex or Landice (Read 67 times)

Jill_B

I fly.

I think that I'm down to these two treadmill brands, pros and cons please!

Bring it on.

Mysecondnewname

I can only share my experience.  I'm sure Cybex makes fine treadmills, but I'm a Landice customer for life.

Here's why:

I had put 7,000 miles on my Landice L7 when the motor started to finally give out.  Landice gave me a new motor, rollers, bearings, and belt under their lifetime warranty and didn't charge me anything!  Smile

Good luck!

Feeling the growl again

I am not familiar with the Cybex warranty, but if it does not match up to Landice I would say the decision is easy.

Even if I knew quality were a bit less with the Landice, after my experiences with treadmills the lifetime warranty -- and reputation they have for honoring it well -- would win me over.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Jill_B

I fly.

I'm pretty sure I'm going to go with Landice.  

I've now tried out the Cybex, the Landice, the commercial grade Life Fitness and the Precor (not commercial grade).

I just want to make sure I'm not missing anything... I didn't try the True treadmills, but I could go back if it's worth it.

I also wanted to know if anyone owns a Star Trac and could give me their thoughts on it.  I know I've used one in the past at gyms, but I haven't seen any available for home sales at any of the stores I've been looking in.  Should I seek out one to try or just stick to the ones I've looked at...

Bring it on.