First race this year (second race ever) (Read 507 times)

This is the first race I'm doing since... 2005. That one I had done with but little prepation and by making the mistake of switching shoes. So, this year I tried to build up a bit, but I think I am not ready for the 10km, 1200m climb race this Sunday. I have a nagging hip flexor / iliopsoas pain which needs some rest, so I think this one I'll do just for finishing. The race is here: http://www.zirbitz-berglauf.at/ I am going to day the last two days completely off... maybe some light biking or swimming
    PWL

Has been

Good luck! A 10k with a 1200m climb is a heck of a workout. Have fun! Big grin

"Years ago my mother used to say to me, she'd say, 'In this world, Elwood, you must be' - she always called me Elwood - 'In this world, Elwood, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant.'  Well, for years I was smart.  I recommend pleasant."

Good luck! Good idea to rest some before race day Smile
        2009: BQ?
          Good luck! You can doo it.
            Thanks guys, I'll post the race report here so you can all learn from my mistakes. I wonder how fast people will start off - the race is initially not very steep but later it has grades of 20%.