RA Movie Thread (Read 5918 times)

I was expecting it to be lame, but not that lame. Anyway, like in The Outer Limits, I was not in control of my television set at the time.
    Funny I watched Twilight Zone and Nemo at school.
    Although from the other room, I at least didn't have to experience the life-size shrunken head.
    Sarah Jessica Parker's head is the same size. Clowning around Movie script from Animal House and Lost in Translation in between.
    And maybe there's no peace in this world, for us or for anyone else, I don't know. But I do know that, as long as we live, we must remain true to ourselves. - Spartacus

The voice of mile 18

I'm still hoping to see "Slumdog Millionaire" but it's not showing ANYWHERE. Has anyone seen it?
      me too but probably have to wait for it on sundace channel or IFC

Tri Rule #1 of Triathlon Training/Racing - If Momma ain't happy nobody is happy 

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Slumdog just OPENED here in Nashville this past weekend. Perhaps it has not yet opened in your area yet.

Imminent Catastrophe

Slumdog Millionaire-- Saw it. Loved it. Best movie in a long time. Go see it, IF you can find it.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

run4fun8910

So my DW and I usually watch a lot of kids shows. All the rescent Disney Pixar and Dreamwork stuff. But occasionally I get stuck in watching a Barbie movie. Barbie Nutcracker and Barbie Holiday something or another are some recent ones we have watched. Sitting at home next to my tv is the Dark Night on bluray. So I am looking forward to watching it. Even if it is a 4 hour movie. Wink One of my all time favorite movies. Casablanca. Here is looking at you kid.
            Short term goal: 5K Long term goal: half marathon. Stay injury free. Shawn

Imminent Catastrophe

Casablanca. Best movie ever. Slumdog Millionaire has just joined my top 10, don't know what film I will have to bump yet.

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

The voice of mile 18

another vote for Casablanca. love that movie - surprised the movie studios haven't decided to remake it yet

Tri Rule #1 of Triathlon Training/Racing - If Momma ain't happy nobody is happy 

xor

I finally watched Dark Knight last night. Least bloody/gory movie that's "very intense" I've seen in a looooong time. Both Iron Man and Dark Knight came out this year and are on people's short lists of 'best superhero movie ever' (other ones on people's lists: Spiderman 2, Xmen 2, Superman The Movie). Iron Man was one of my favs as a kid. I liked both movies A LOT. But wow. A lot of stuff happened in Iron Man. Compare to Dark Knight, though, Iron Man could have been Waiting for Godot (explanation: nothing at all happens in Waiting for Godot). DK was go go go start to finish. And if HL wins an academy award, I won't think it was a tribute or sadness nod. He was awesome.

Think Whirled Peas

And if HL wins an academy award, I won't think it was a tribute or sadness nod. He was awesome.
                    Totally agree. I'm really bummed now too b/c he was signed to be in the next one too... Sad Next to "No Country for Old Men" DK was one of my favorite movies in a long time. Oh, but if you don't like blood, No Country is NOT a movie you should see.

Just because running is simple does not mean it is easy.

Relentless. Forward. Motion. <repeat>

xor

Incidentally. Marley and Me. I've not seen the movie, but I've read the book... and the ad campaign is setting this thing up as a cuddly, warm, family movie for the holidays. Sort of. But if they truly follow the arc of the book, this movie will throw your kids into a serious SERIOUS funk that you might not want this time of year. Not that they should fill the campaign with this stuff, but still.

Think Whirled Peas

Like "Old Yeller - 2008"? My heart couldn't take it.

Just because running is simple does not mean it is easy.

Relentless. Forward. Motion. <repeat>

xor

Like "Old Yeller - 2008"? My heart couldn't take it.
                          Considering how they are setting it up, it's more like Old Yeller Eats My Dog Skip.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I thought Dark Knight was mediocre. And too dang long. I thought it seriously lacked focus and that the string of Joker's misadventures were pointless and did little to advance the plot or develop character. I understand that he was an agent of chaos and that his games were meant to engender chaos, but they were assembled onscreen and in script in a chaotic way that ultimately was insufferable. Loads of action, yes! Cool effects, amen! Fun superheroes and supervillians, indeed. Good movie? Not so much. And if HL gets an Oscar not, it will most certainly be a tribute and little more. I wrote elsewhere: In the end, it all felt to me like a bunch of loosely assembled scenes with very little cohesion to tie them together. Each scene was cool, but they did not clearly advance the overarching plot arc. Given the underlying theme of chaos, that was reasonable, but it was a bit unfulfilling to me. Oh. And it was long. Did I mention that? Long, not based on time spent watching it, but long based on the ratio of interest to time spent watching it.

Imminent Catastrophe

And now for something completely different.... "It's a Wonderful Life" is on tonight, of course. Once you start watching it, you cannot switch it off. It's the law. Zuzu's petals. Sorry, gotta go, got something in my eye...

Imminent Catastrophe

Slumdog Millionaire. Four Golden Globes, including Best Drama. Told ya so.