RA Movie Thread (Read 5918 times)

Was the girl in Slum dog beautiful, or what? God she was pretty. And those little boys. To die for!!!!!!!!!!!!! I loooooovvvvvveee that movie. Except for that weird dance at the end. Must be an Indian thing.

- Anya

pitrunner

Was the girl in Slum dog beautiful, or what? God she was pretty. And those little boys. To die for!!!!!!!!!!!!! I loooooovvvvvveee that movie. Except for that weird dance at the end. Must be an Indian thing.
      I can't even put into words how beautiful she was. And the little Indian boys were absolutely adorable. I'm thinking of adopting now... Nahh, I still don't want kids. I figured the dance thing at the end was some sort of Bollywood reference?? I really liked Slumdog, but I have to say that City of God was almost just as good. Not an uplifting story though Sad
      xor

So... Friday the 13th.... Is this a remake? Or a reset (like Batman Begins)? I see it is a Michael Bay flick. I'd say that you can't really screw up something like a Jason movie, but if anyone can, it is Michael Bay. Well, and maybe Uwe Boll.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I'd say that you can't really screw up something like a Jason movie, but if anyone can, it is Michael Bay.
          Normally I would agree with you, but I can watch The Transformers over and over and still think it's super cool. Good thing, too, 'cause my kid likes to watch it over and over and over... That movie turned out FAR better than I had expected--especially given that it's a Bay film.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Imminent Catastrophe

I see it is a Michael Bay flick. I'd say that you can't really screw up something like a Jason movie, but if anyone can, it is Michael Bay.
            From "Team America: World Police":
            I miss you more then Michael Bay missed the mark When he made Pearl Harbor I miss you more than that movie missed the point And that's an awful lot girl And now, now you've gone away And all I'm trying to say is Pearl Harbor sucked, and I miss you

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

xor

Poseidon Adventure is on Retroplex right now. The original one. In widescreen. It holds up pretty darned well, especially compared to all the horrible disaster movies that followed it. Couple of things, though. 1. Ernest Borgnine's character spends the whole movie yelling and being a general jackass. I would have kicked him out of the little group after the first 20 minutes. 2. The next time you watch it... and this time WILL come... check out the various members of the band (the folks who play "Morning After" and "Auld Lang Syne"... they all die, except for the main chick who makes it out). Seriously, check them out. I realize that it was the 70s and all, but I guess this is who the casting person thought looked "young and hip". You will not find goofier looking guys. Anywhere. Young and hip they are not. Especially the drummer dude in his little bucket hat. (shaking head)

Gotta TRI

Normally I would agree with you, but I can watch The Transformers over and over and still think it's super cool. Good thing, too, 'cause my kid likes to watch it over and over and over... That movie turned out FAR better than I had expected--especially given that it's a Bay film.
                Have you seen the trailer for Transformers 2? Looks really good too. Also just saw that GI Joe is coming out as well.
                2010 Dec. California International Marathon 2011 Jan. Disney Marathon
                zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Have you seen the trailer for Transformers 2? Looks really good too.
                  I did...I can't wait for Summer! That and the Star Trek movie (and I'm really not a Trekkie, but I am a fan of Simon Pegg) really have me counting the days 'til blockbuster movie season.

~ Sarah Kay

pitrunner

I did...I can't wait for Summer! That and the Star Trek movie (and I'm really not a Trekkie, but I am a fan of Simon Pegg) really have me counting the days 'til blockbuster movie season.
                    Whaaaat? Simon Pegg is in that? I may have to become a temporary trekkie. I heart him! I'm also unnaturally excited for GI Joe. Super mega geek...right here.

Imminent Catastrophe

So, what's the deal with G.I. Joe, is he working for the U.N.? Is he now wearing a pink uniform? Eating croissants around the campfire? Just wondering.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Whaaaat? Simon Pegg is in that? I may have to become a temporary trekkie. I heart him!
                        I think he's Scotty! Big grin

~ Sarah Kay

skinnycaponesugar

It's a Bollywood thing Smile She was indeed beautiful and all the children too, especially little Jamal. I just wanted to take them home, so sweet

Love, Run, Sleep

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Finally saw The Incredible Hulk, the rebooted version of the series with Edward Norton, Liv Tyler, Tim Roth. Not as deep or emotional as Ang Lee's version a few years ago. But that's not why a dude watches the Hulk. I enjoyed the action sequences in this one immensely, and at least they had the good sense to have Banner always wear pants that are way too big, to account for expansion. Also liked several nods to the old TV show, which I loved, specifically the lab gamma set-up being almost identical, as well as the whole element of Banner being a fugitive. Also loved the TV in the background showing an old 60's Bill BIxby clip (RIP BIll). <dork> But I can't help but be bothered by how big the Hulk (or Abomination, for that matter) are. I know you have to suspend disbelief to even watch this, but do they really have to violate the Law of Conservation of Mass so blatantly? How does a 160 lb guy suddenly weigh like a ton? Where did all that extra mass come from? Where does it go when he changes back? And why am I such a tool for even thinking about this? </dork> And no matter how good the CGI is, it still doesn't look completely real; part of me misses Lou Ferrigno's soulful performance as the Hulk. At least you knew he was really there. (Ferrigno did the voice of the Hulk in this movie) Overall, an enjoyable ride.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Has anyone seen Coraline? The reviews look good, but I've also read suggestions that it can be a bit scary for kids. Anyone who can offer a review?

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Wanted is a very cool movie. I wasn't expecting much, but the visuals reminded me of The Matrix. James McAvoy is hot. I can add him to my hot Scottish men list (he still isn't at the top like Ewan, though). Big grin I still think Angelina Jolie is hot, too...in a skanky, scary sort of way. I sure wouldn't mind looking like that. Wink

~ Sarah Kay