RA Movie Thread (Read 5918 times)

Fatih Akin's "Edge of Heaven" and "Head-On"

"Metropolis" (1927

"Eastern Promises" - Cronenberg

Enjoy Smile

"Some people create with words or with music or with a brush and paints. I like to make something beautiful when I run. I like to make people stop and say, 'I've never seen anyone run like that before.' It's more than just a race, it's a style. It's doing something better than anyone else. It's being creative." - prefontaine
    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

"Eastern Promises" - Cronenberg

Enjoy Smile

I have yet to see this...but...mmmm...Viggo! Big grin

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Saw 2 movies in the theater this week: the Transformers sequel and The Hangover.

Rise of the Fallen was better than I expected from reviews.  Nowhere near as good as the first, but not horrible.  I'd give it a 3/5...first one I would have given 4.5/5.  It was too long and had too much going on, but I thought the Jetfire character was great and the effects were phenomenal.  I expect to see Oscars for technical stuff.

The Hangover...definitely at least 4 stars.  Hilarious...especially the end credits!  So many great one-liners.  Fabulously raunchy.

~ Sarah Kay

Skooter 3.0

Tigers love pepper. They hate cinnamon.

Goals?

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Ha, that was hilarious!

~ Sarah Kay

That was one of the best movies I've seen in a long time.  I can't remember the last time I laughed so hard during a movie.  Every scene was funny!

Michelle

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Wait.  I didn't know they gave out rings at the Holocaust.
                  The naked Asian guy popping out of the trunk scene will be classic.

As will this exchange

Stu: "Everyone says Mike Tyson is such a badass, but I think he's kind of a sweetheart."
                    Alan: "I think he's mean."

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Alan deserves an Oscar.
                      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

To-da-loo, motherfucka! 

~ Sarah Kay

Alan deserves an Oscar.

Seriously, as "off" as the character was he made the movie.  He was so interesting.  Here is a guy who will cut his hand before being sure the others agree to blood brotherhood.  The sign of a man who assumes/wishes others were as open-hearted as he is. 

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

she runs like a girl

The Hangover was one of the funniest movies I have ever seen.

I NEVER laugh out loud at movies but I did during this one. I think I would have embarassed by boyfriend if he wasn't laughing lauder than I was.

The singer at Doug's wedding was HILARIOUS when he stared singing 50 cent's "Candy Shop" to the elderly woman

2010 goals: PR at distances from 3k-HM 3k: 02/02/10 - 12:00 - road 5k :03/13/10 - 20:32 - road 10mile: 04/02/10 - 1:15:49 "The only thing I hate more than running is not running"

Imminent Catastrophe

Which movie should I go to this weekend, Bruno or Harry Potter?

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Beware, batbear...

I saw MOON last weekend.  It was thought provoking and pretty creepy.  Sam Rockwell rocked it well.

2014 Goal -- Run 5X per week, pain-free (relatively) by end of summer.