RA Movie Thread (Read 5918 times)

let me just say, it goes without saying, i love all things zombie, and i know im not alone on that. this one is a must see. dead snow

think evil dead meets shaun of the dead.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Machete don't text!

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

I look my best blurry!

"Little Fockers" = BAD!  Very disappointed!

< what did you expect??? what="" did="" you=""></ what did you expect???>

I look my best blurry!

We went to see Blue Valentine last night. I love deep, dark, sad, real life dramas. This was a pretty graphic and a deeply sad movie but the acting was amazing. I expected it to be a little more heartwarming but I still loved it. I thought Michelle WIlliams and Ryan Gosling were both amazing. She didn't have all that much dialogue but her expressions spoke volumes. Has anyone seen Prozac Nation (Michelle Williams) or Lars and the Real Girl (Ryan Gosling)? They are on my list to see soon.

SMART Approach

I expected Little Fockers to be amusing. I liked the first two, especially the first one. This one sucked. Last night I saw TRUE GRIT. Now that is a great movie. The young girl actress was fantastic and she had never acted before. I expected the movie to be good but it was even a bit better than I anticipated. Made me laugh also!!!

Run Coach. Recovery Coach. Founder of SMART Approach Training, Coaching & Recovery

Structured Marathon Adaptive Recovery Training

Safe Muscle Activation Recovery Technique

www.smartapproachtraining.com

Tramps

Has anyone seen Prozac Nation (Michelle Williams)

I have.  I wouldn't recommend it.  Poor writing, odd casting, uneven acting.  It's one of those films where, by the end, I didn't give a @#% about any of the characters.  Not terrible, but not worth 2 hours of your life.

Speaking of which...just saw Oliver Stone's "Wall Street" sequel on DVD.  What a mess.  A real missed opportunity.  Sad.

Be safe. Be kind.

HoosierDaddy

GreyBeard

127 hours was good - better than expected and very good cinematography.

• Black Canyon 100k
                • RRR
                • Zane Grey 100k
                • High Lonesome 100
                • Wyoming Range 100 (?)
                • The Bear 100
                • Javelina Jundred (?)

fast momma!

i am looking forward to seeigng 127 hours after reading the book, which is amazing. I think he did some pretty stupid little things that made a bad situtation life threatening, but great story  anyways.

2011 goals: sub 60min 10K

√ run 1st HM (May 29)

Tramps

Two good documentaries, worth watching:

The Tillman Story--tells the behind the scenes story of Pat Tillman's death; a sober reminder (and maybe a nice pairing with Restrepo).

Exit Through the Gift Shop--smart, funny "documentary" by street artist Banksy.

Be safe. Be kind.

xor

2 movie franchises you perhaps didn't know had a #3 in them.

Beverly Hills Cop 3:  It is TERRIBLE.  And not fun terrible; just bad.  Transplant Axel Foley into... Disneyworld.  Seriously.  But it does have a "wait! was that..." cameo by George Lucas (?!).

Mission Impossible 3: I think there's actually about to be a #4.  Anyway, if you can set aside the whole Tom Cruise=batshit crazy=Scientology aspect.... and if you can forget his Tropic Thunder thing... well, I thought MI3 was the most fun of the 3 MI movies.  Really.

Ok, I now return you to current movies.  The good ones.

Exit Through the Gift Shop--smart, funny "documentary" by street artist Banksy.

Gift Shop was very good. I'm still not sure about the motivations behind this one. The history of Street Art is a complicated one.

And we run because we like it
                        Through the broad bright land

Beverly Hills Cop 3:  It is TERRIBLE.  And not fun terrible; just bad.  Transplant Axel Foley into... Disneyworld.  Seriously.  But it does have a "wait! was that..." cameo by George Lucas (?!).

Mission Impossible 3: I think there's actually about to be a #4.  Anyway, if you can set aside the whole Tom Cruise=batshit crazy=Scientology aspect.... and if you can forget his Tropic Thunder thing... well, I thought MI3 was the most fun of the 3 MI movies.  Really.

Admission: I looked up BHC 3 quickly and thought.  "That poor Nick Nolte fell apart and they subbed in someone else for 3...wait... and two...and...OH..."

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

Hey, nice marmot!

You forgot about Big Momma's House.  Oh yeah, Big Momma's House 3, coming soon.

Ben

"The world is my country, science is my religion."-- Christiaan Huygens

I look my best blurry!

I have.  I wouldn't recommend it.  Poor writing, odd casting, uneven acting.  It's one of those films where, by the end, I didn't give a @#% about any of the characters.  Not terrible, but not worth 2 hours of your life.

Speaking of which...just saw Oliver Stone's "Wall Street" sequel on DVD.  What a mess.  A real missed opportunity.  Sad.

Off my que. Lars and the Real Girl was surprisingly good. Lars is a delusional guy that buys a life size sex doll (I had no idea what it was about) and introduces her to his family and community as his girlfriend. Unexpectedly sweet and really funny. Not a kinky sex movie at all! PG -13

Menace to Sobriety

I haven't seen any of them, but I get a kick out of the fact there are a Final Destination 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5, with a possible  6 and 7 are in the works.....WTF?

Janie, today I quit my job. And then I told my boss to go f*** himself, and then I blackmailed him for almost sixty thousand dollars. Pass the asparagus.