RA Movie Thread (Read 5918 times)

Hoban-Jay

Yup...I haven't seen a film where he was convincing as human being, let alone The Joker....what a Joke !!!

Am I doing this right?

Ladies, I haven't seen a review of Magic Mike yet?  

No excuses....

Cool Jump Suit

Well, I'm not a lady (or a gentleman for that matter), but my wifeoid saw it.  She didn't care for the drug use.  And she thought Matthew McConaughey was a sleaze bucket.  However, according to her......"great scenery".  There was only one guy in an otherwise packed theatre.  Nice.

Ladies, I haven't seen a review of Magic Mike yet?  

So bittersweet,
        This tragedy
        Won't ask for absolution;
        This melody,
        Inside of me,
        Still searches for solution.
        A twist of faith,
        A change of heart
        Cures my infatuation.
        A broken heart, 
        Provides the spark
        For my determination.

It won't be.

And while I'm on the subject, just because Heath Ledger was a great actor (was he? really?) and just because he died does not make his chapter in the current Batman series any good. In fact, it was a disjointed buncha junk. And screeching chaos into a camera is not acting.

There. I said it. Yes, I know I'm going to hell.

Well, there was a bit of a reason it was disjointed...someone did die 2/3 of the way through filming and all...it couldn't quite end how it was originally intended.

I like The Dark Knight better than Batman Begins...Batman Begins is a way better film in terms of story...but I think The Dark Knight is prettier.  I also like the characters better and I DO think the script was better in terms of dialogue...though the disjointed story line does leave much to be desired.  Honestly, he had me when he flipped the semi.  I know I've gushed about it on here before and it may seem like a small thing - but come on - most film makers would CGI that shit - at least most if not all of it...and it was pretty.

Will there be too much going on in The Dark Knight Rises, yes...will they be able to hold it together and make a good story...I hope.  I think when your lead actor/villain doesn't die during shooting...well, it has to make a better film.  Let's say I'm cautiously optimistic about The Dark Knight Rises - I worry that they are overshooting but I pray they can hold it together.  And I will see it a full day before most people -so I'll let you know.  Smile

MTA:  DH says HL didn't die until shooting was over...I swear I saw on HBO he died before some final scenes...but if he died after shooting then I concede...it was disjointed for no good reason.  It IS still pretty though.

Am I doing this right?

Well, I'm not a lady (or a gentleman for that matter), but my wifeoid saw it.  She didn't care for the drug use.  And she thought Matthew McConaughey was a sleaze bucket.  However, according to her......"great scenery".  There was only one guy in an otherwise packed theatre.  Nice.

That was similar to the report I heard from my wife.  Movie wasn't very good at all, but there was plenty to look at.  

No excuses....

Cool Jump Suit

Rented Jeff, Who Lives at Home over the weekend.  I had expected it to be more funny and crude.....maybe even Forgetting Sarah Marshall -esque.  But it really wasn't at all.  It did have it's funny parts, but it was an interesting story with characters I could relate to.  Jason Segel was great and Rae Dawn Chong was in it too.  I don't think I have seen her in anything since Commando.  Anyway, interesting and amusing movie and only an hour and twenty minutes. 

So bittersweet,
              This tragedy
              Won't ask for absolution;
              This melody,
              Inside of me,
              Still searches for solution.
              A twist of faith,
              A change of heart
              Cures my infatuation.
              A broken heart, 
              Provides the spark
              For my determination.

xor

WAIT A DAMN MINUTE

Jeremy Renner is both "the new dude in the Jason Bourne series" AND "the new dude in Mission Impossible who is set up to take over when Tom Cruise steps back".

The two franchises are kind of interchangeable. How does this happen?  Can we think of something similar from other movies or series?

(I realize that Tom Cruise played kind of a humorous take on Ethan Hunt in that Knight and Day movie that none of you saw... it wasn't horrible btw, if you like Cameron Diaz and endless meet cutes... but that movie was a bomb and it wasn't a franchise)

stadjak

Interval Junkie --Nobby

200% improvement in the quality of both series, if you ask me.  Hurt Locker was amazing -- also, one of the few (only?) War movies directed by a woman.  Renner is a pleasure to watch.

2021 Goals: 50mpw 'cause there's nothing else to do

xor

200% improvement in the quality of both series, if you ask me.  Hurt Locker was amazing -- also, one of the few (only?) War movies directed by a woman.  Renner is a pleasure to watch.

Ok, but that's not my point.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

WAIT A DAMN MINUTE

Jeremy Renner is both "the new dude in the Jason Bourne series" AND "the new dude in Mission Impossible who is set up to take over when Tom Cruise steps back".

The two franchises are kind of interchangeable. How does this happen?  Can we think of something similar from other movies or series?

Doesn't Vin Diesel do that sort of thing...the same character in every movie...?

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I am looking forward to Renner as Bourne.  I LOVE Matt Damon, but I'd be fine seeing what another actor can do with the role, too.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

vegefrog

There was drug use? I didn't notice. I only noticed Channing Tatum...

The acting was horrible. I don't even think there was a script. The scenes were so awkward and the leading lady (I guess you would call her) was so void of any emotion and/or acting skills, that she had to have been cast for that reason. Don't want us ladies getting jealous of her right? LOL.  McConaughey was horrible, but who sees his name on the casting list of a movie and thinks that it's gonna be an Oscar winner? (Aside from Fast Times at Ridgemont High of course, that is a classic Wink )

But that's not why us ladies go to see it Smile What you want to see is there and it's GREAT!!!!

xor

McConaughey was horrible, but who sees his name on the casting list of a movie and thinks that it's gonna be an Oscar winner? (Aside from Fast Times at Ridgemont High of course, that is a classic Wink )

Wait.  What?

I think you mean Dazed and Confused.  Which is a super movie as well (and very true-to-life, per my mid 70s little-town-not-far-from-Austin experience)

vegefrog

HAAAAA. Maybe I'm Dazed and Confused Wink

I had Spicoli on my brain!

thanks srlopez!!!

At least you were following me...sort of... Wink

xor

SyFy (gah) and maybe CMT seem to be playing the various Indiana Jones movies endlessly.  I guess for when we're tired of watching Batman on FX and TNT.

Anyway.

Have you ever noticed that punches in Indiana Jones movies do not sound like the typical movie/TV punch?  They all sound the same, but distinctly different from the basic "peeesch!" punch sound.  Like they are turbocharged or something.