RA Movie Thread (Read 5918 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I'm very much okay with that, since that's how it was to some extent in Silence and Red Dragon.

Exactly.  He's sort of the factor that everything else pivots around.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

mab411

Proboscis Colossus

Being that we had our Christmas concert last night, and I had them just take their instruments home afterward, today in my junior high band class we're streaming Santa Claus Conquers The Martians.

No educational value whatsoever, beyond a pretty decent trumpet solo in the opening theme song.  Just messing with their minds, as they try to figure out if I really think this is a great Christmas movie or not.  Because ultimately, that's the only reason I got into this business.

"God guides us on our journey, but careful with those feet." - David Lee Roth, of all people

Birdwell

Being that we had our Christmas concert last night, and I had them just take their instruments home afterward, today in my junior high band class we're streaming Santa Claus Conquers The Martians.

No educational value whatsoever, beyond a pretty decent trumpet solo in the opening theme song.  Just messing with their minds, as they try to figure out if I really think this is a great Christmas movie or not.  Because ultimately, that's the only reason I got into this business.

I knew it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's a conspiracy against us kids (or former kids).

Thank you, you have validated my rebellion towards all my teachers in junior high.

zonykel

I don't remember Red Dragon well, but I would say it's maybe more like Red Dragon than Silence, from what I do recall.  I think it's darker/creepier than Silence (which I always think is more suspenseful than anything).  Kinda depressing.

Silence of the Lambs is one of my favorite movies. Red Dragon was just so-so for me. Did you guys watch Manhunter? It's the same story from Red Dragon, but told differently and with less Hannibal and special effects that don't measure up anymore (it was probably low budget).

Having said that, I read the books for both Red Dragon and Silence of the Lambs and they are both very good.

zonykel

American Hustle: recommended. Fun movie.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I really want to see this…ever since I first saw a trailer probably 3-4 months ago.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Chantilly75

Didn't care for American Hustle. Almost fell asleep during the first 30 minutes. Kind of a downer, not entertaining like GoodFellas.

Story was dis-jointed. Too many swear words.

I went with 2 others and all of us were disappointed.

"dancing on the path and singing, now you got away,

you can reach the goals you set from now on, every day"

Sonata Arctica

zonykel

And no one used the F word very often 

First time I see someone asking for more F-bombs in a movie. But if you were expecting Good Fellas, then sure, you'd be disappointed.

obiebyke

Saw Inside Llewyn Davis last night. The Coen brothers' latest. I loved the marquee on the theater: "Starring a cat and John Goodman." Yup. It was really good. Amazing--things kind of happen, sure, but really, nothing happens. There's not a traditional arc. But I wasn't bored. And, of course, the music was great.

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

bhearn

+1. Just got back from it. Great movie.

zonykel

Saw Inside Llewyn Davis last night. The Coen brothers' latest

Did I miss the wide release? It doesn't seem to be playing anywhere near where I live.

Saw Inside Llewyn Davis last night. The Coen brothers' latest. I loved the marquee on the theater: "Starring a cat and John Goodman." Yup. It was really good. Amazing--things kind of happen, sure, but really, nothing happens. There's not a traditional arc. But I wasn't bored. And, of course, the music was great.

Cannot wait to see this one. Don't see to many movies in the theater, usually wait till On Demand. But I don't think this one can wait.

Dave

RunJasonRun

Double Indemnity (1944)

The File on Thelma Jordan (1950)

Detour (1945)

Women can get guys into trouble.  At least in these movies.

Nobody leaves this place without singing the blues.

obiebyke

Probably not in wide release yet. I live in the Twin Cities and it's only showing at one specialty theater.

Did I miss the wide release? It doesn't seem to be playing anywhere near where I live.

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

Double Indemnity (1944)

The File on Thelma Jordan (1950)

Detour (1945)

Fatal Attraction (1987)

Women can get guys into trouble.  At least in these movies.

Added one!

Dave