RA Movie Thread (Read 5918 times)

mab411

Proboscis Colossus

George Clooney did star in a remake of Solaris back in 2002.  It's a good flick, but it does not hold a candle to the original 1972 movie.

Thanks.

Also, didn't Michael Bay "recently" make a movie of the events of Pearl Harbor?  Looking forward to seeing that.

"God guides us on our journey, but careful with those feet." - David Lee Roth, of all people

He deserved one for Dumb And Dumber

20 years later I still find this hilarious (and very quotable)... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnkefjCES-4

my fav scene: mock-yeahhh-ing-yeahhh-bird-yeahhh-yeah-yeahhh

My leg won't stop mooing.

i think i've got a calf injury.

Joann Y

mab411

Proboscis Colossus

When the Farrelly Brothers are on, they're on!

"God guides us on our journey, but careful with those feet." - David Lee Roth, of all people

BeeRunB

Them and I grew up in the same RI town, Cumberland. They were a few years ahead of me. Their RI references are a lot of fun for me.  Something About Mary opens up at  a fictional Cumberland High School. I went to the real one. I think one of the brothers did as well.

When the Farrelly Brothers are on, they're on!

BeeRunB

Interesting interview with Curtis Armstrong on the Kevin Pollak chat show

He's the one in Risky Business who first utters the famous line "Sometimes,  you gotta say WTF"

FSocks

KillJoyFuckStick

He's the one in Risky Business who first utters the famous line "Sometimes,  you gotta say WTF"

Correction, he's Booger in Revenge of the Nerds.  

You people have issues 

mab411

Proboscis Colossus

If you're familiar with that show, you're probably also aware he had Peter Farrelly on a few months back, too!

Let's not forget his recurring role in the TV series Moonlighting.

He is from the Detroit area, and apparently went to high school with Marshall Crenshaw, for those of you who remember that guy.

I met him once years ago taking my kid to the park when she was a toddler; he was with his kid who was around the same age.

I was with some friends and when we first spotted him we kind of looked at each other and said "is that Booger?". I read that he does not mind being called that when people recognize him. But I did not.

Dave

Joann Y

Broken Circle Breakdown.  A lush heartbreaking film with a gorgeous bluegrass score. For fans of country music, lovers of love and the countryside. Highly recommended. Have others seen it?

(on amazonprime btw)

BeeRunB

My best experiences at the cinema. All transcendent experiences--leaving the theater refreshed and feeling I had left normal reality and went on a journey:

It's A Mad Mad Mad Mad World (at the old Leroy in Pawtucket, RI early 70's). I was about 9 years old. I had never laughed so hard at a film in my life. I had no clue something could be that funny.

Rocky  Up until this film, I had never seen one where the audience gave a film a standing ovation.

Harold And Maude (Avon Cinema, Providence, RI midnight show 1980's). This film still blows me away. I showed it to my nephew the other night, and he loved it. The Cat Stevens' soundtrack is a huge character in this film. The ending montage is brilliant. I'm not sure how many films had used 3 events out-of-time at once in a montage prior to this one.

Stop Making Sense (Avon Cinema, midnight show, 1984)--I knew a few songs by Talking Heads prior, but had no clue going in that they were that good. Everyone was dancing in the aisles of  the theater. Standing ovation. Like being at a concert. Still my favorite concert film.

I'll list some more later.

What are yours?

L Train

Charles De Mar

What are yours?

E.T. the Extra Terrestrial (1982) - as an 11 year old, this registered trés highly on the wondermentometer (i was also a sucker for anything with a BMX in).

My leg won't stop mooing.

i think i've got a calf injury.

BeeRunB

E.T. the Extra Terrestrial (1982) - as an 11 year old, this registered trés highly on the wondermentometer (i was also a sucker for anything with a BMX in).

I saw that when it came out--one of the other films I saw with a standing O. People were bawling all over the theater at the end. Great experience, as were many of Spielberg's films. The most memorable made for TV I've ever seen was Duel with Dennis Weaver and directed by Spielberg. Man hunted by a truck.

Chris Pinney

E.T. was in our towns two screen theater for what seemed like years. Great movie.

Memorable big screen experiences that I remember from my youth are Stand by me, my dad practically had to drag my sister and I into the theater. We both loved it. The princess bride, Ferris Buellers day off, Forrest Gump. All I can think of right now.