Gah, does my Garmin have an issue? (Read 1020 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

So I decided to try using the Training Partner for today's long run. I keep trying to set it up for time and pace...select 2 hours for time, then hit enter and it shuts off. So I tried to do the same thing and hit mode. Same deal. WTF...am I doing something wrong? Cry Please say I'm missing something really obvious and that my Garmin isn't just screwed-up. I really don't want to have to send it back.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Sadly, I have mine on right now (and I'm obviously not running). Tell me what you're doing. Are you going to Training-->Workouts-->quick?

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Are you going to Training-->Workouts-->quick?
        yep. Sad Confused

~ Sarah Kay

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Are you going to Training-->Workouts-->quick?
          Which of the three are you picking after that? (trying to replicate your problem)

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

So I decided to try using the Training Partner for today's long run. I keep trying to set it up for time and pace...select 2 hours for time, then hit enter and it shuts off. So I tried to do the same thing and hit mode. Same deal. WTF...am I doing something wrong? Cry Please say I'm missing something really obvious and that my Garmin isn't just screwed-up. I really don't want to have to send it back.
            Try doing a reset. That usually fixes weird things for me. Not the reset button. This one: "To power the unit back on, press the "Mode" and "Reset" buttons at the same time. Let go of those two buttons, press the power button, and the unit will turn back on."

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

http://www.runningahead.com/forums/post/2e7757dd86ef4ed49532ec6ab11d1a05#focus Soft and hard reset instructions MTA: Ah, Bonkin's here too! Big grin

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Which of the three are you picking after that? (trying to replicate your problem)
                Time and pace. When I try to select 2 hours it crashes every time, then I have to restart.

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Hmmm...it's not actually "locking up," just turning off. How do I reset it if I can still turn it on? /dumb question

~ Sarah Kay

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Well, try the soft reset. Then check to see if your firmware is up-to-date: Settings-->General-->About Forerunner I have software version 2.80 and GPS 2.90 MTA: according to this page, 2.80 is the latest unit software. It does look like GPS software has been updated to v. 3.00, but that wouldn't be the problem. Hmm, also a new version of Mac GTC just released 2/22

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Do you think it's fully charged? Try putting it in the charging cradle, and then pick the workout and see what happens.

Hmmm...it's not actually "locking up," just turning off. How do I reset it if I can still turn it on? /dumb question
                        You can still do the hard reset even if it's not locked up. I'm with Jeff - though. Do the soft reset first.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

You can still do the hard reset even if it's not locked up. I'm with Jeff - though. Do the soft reset first.
                          Yeah, that's cleared up wackiness for me before.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Ok, I'm gonna play around with it after my run. As long as it will simply record my run I'm fine with that until tonite.

~ Sarah Kay

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Ok, I'm gonna play around with it after my run. As long as it will simply record my run I'm fine with that until tonite.
                              Good call. Set it up so that either Pace-Lap or Pace-Average field is visible and you can keep good tabs on your pace that way. Good luck!

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Do you think it's fully charged? Try putting it in the charging cradle, and then pick the workout and see what happens.
                                Yeah, I always let it fully recharge after I upload a workout. It's v2.9, too. Hmmm...I'm gonna play with it once it's recharged and try the soft reset if necessary.

~ Sarah Kay