My Marathon Training (Read 1390 times)

redleaf

Thanks for sharing all of that with us. I'm leagues behind and I found it very inspirational!

First or last...it's the same finish line

HF #4362

I really enjoyed reading your post, Berner. Must feel pretty awesome to look back on everything you have accomplished. Good luck at St. George. I look forward to reading your report.

Non ducor, duco.

WOW! That was really too cool and very inspiring!

#artbydmcbride

What is a whole blueberry pie without vanilla ice cream on top? Very inspiring Berner! Smile

Runners run

Was it all a dream?

Nice work Berner. Way to do the longer midweek runs. Those are always tough.
            nkeliher

Running nut

That's crazy mileage. I was thrilled to get 40 miles in a single week during my(still ongoing) marathon training. May you clock a serious PB.
                bump! Can't wait to hear about the outcome....good luck from all of us in VL!

Prince of Fatness

Yeah, good luck there Berner.

Not at it at all. 

Queen of 3rd Place

Best wishes, Berner, you're an inspiration! Arla

Ex runner

Dave

Today's the day, Berner. Can't wait for the race report!!

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

I want to again thank everyone who posted their support in this thread. Your well-wishes and predictions of success were a great motivator. I'm pleased to report that my training did pay the dividends that I hoped, and I ran a 3:14:37 at St. George this morning. That time qualifies me for Boston (with a 6 minute, 22 second cushion) and represents a new PR by exactly 15 minutes (which, you'll note is what I predicted in my original post Smile). I've posted a race report over in the Racing Forum, but I didn't want to leave this thread without thanking everyone for their support.

How To Run a Marathon: Step 1 - start running. There is no Step 2.

Why is it sideways?

I want to again thank everyone who posted their support in this thread. Your well-wishes and predictions of success were a great motivator. I'm pleased to report that my training did pay the dividends that I hoped, and I ran a 3:14:37 at St. George this morning. That time qualifies me for Boston (with a 6 minute, 22 second cushion) and represents a new PR by exactly 15 minutes (which, you'll note is what I predicted in my original post Smile). I've posted a race report over in the Racing Forum, but I didn't want to leave this thread without thanking everyone for their support.
                          Holy smokes--15 minute PR! Nicely done, Berner. *off to read report*