changing avatar (Read 646 times)

Imminent Catastrophe

Hey Eric, I've tried changing my avatar, both in Safari and Firefox. I choose "My Forum Preferences" then "choose file" and select the .jpg file. The filename appears to the right of the "choose file" button. So I click "save" and am returned to the options page, but my avatar is not changed.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

eric :)

Hi Russ, Your browser's probably caching the old avatar. Force a refresh should fix your problem. eric Smile
      jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Don't you have to delete the old one first? Try that out for size. Just noticed the change. Nice avatar!

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Imminent Catastrophe

Edited to add: Yeah, I deleted the old one then picked the new one and it worked. Wow, quick response! Thanks, Russ P.S. What do you think of the new one? I kept the old one for awhile because of JakeKnight, but it seems he's AWOL. Too bad.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016