upload of workout from garmin 405 shows 0 miles and no intervals (Read 850 times)

ymmv

this is the first time i've had a problem uploading from my 405. Nothing has changed in my environment. After the 'upload from GPS'  completed, I was presented with a 0 length workout to save. Other than the start time/date and HR avg/peak, there  is no data, no miles, no intervals, etc. I have left this workout on my Imported Workouts page without saving or deleting it.

To recover my data, I grabbed the file from my garmin archive directory, zipped it, then manually uploaded and saved the file, which looks fine. I don't think it's a problem with the actual file.

mikeymike

You're sure you went running?

Runners run

this is the first time i've had a problem uploading from my 405. Nothing has changed in my environment. After the 'upload from GPS'  completed, I was presented with a 0 length workout to save. Other than the start time/date and HR avg/peak, there  is no data, no miles, no intervals, etc. I have left this workout on my Imported Workouts page without saving or deleting it.

I had the same problem this morning with my 305.  I just manually typed in the miles and time...

ymmv

You're sure you went running?

there are many who would say i did not....

Taltree 2010

I had the same problem this morning with my 305.  I just manually typed in the miles and time...

Ditto.  The workout is still in my upload area.  I have screen shots if you'd like.

Other info:

Vista service pack 1

FF 3.0.17

Thanks for all your great work.

eric :)

Hi guys,

I made some changes last night to fix the file based importing bug.  It could have caused this problem.  I have removed that fix.  Could you try uploading again?

Taltree 2010

I won't be able to try uploading again until later tonight.  Thanks!

I won't be able to try uploading again until later tonight.  Thanks!

Dave,

The best way to track down this problem is for me to grab the raw data file that you upload to RA before the importer consumes it.  Would you mind helping me to do this?  All you have to do is let me know right before you upload your data so that I can stop the importer and grab the file.  The tricky part is coordinating with you.  Let me know if you're interested.

eric :-)

ymmv

Dave,

The best way to track down this problem is for me to grab the raw data file that you upload to RA before the importer consumes it.  Would you mind helping me to do this?  All you have to do is let me know right before you upload your data so that I can stop the importer and grab the file.  The tricky part is coordinating with you.  Let me know if you're interested.

I won't be near my garmin until this evening either, but I'd be glad to help. Let me know.

You may already have all of my data from this morning. The data from the file that did not auto-load properly is on my 'Imported Workouts' panel of my 'Training Log - Upload GPS Data'  page. I did not save, edit, nor delete it. Because I subsequently manually zipped and uploaded the identical tcx file, you may still have that file, too. This data was from a 405, and I believe that the garmin browser plugin accesses the tcx file from the file system, and not directly from the 405 itself.

FWIW, my upload procedure is to sync with the ANT software, which takes data from the 405 with the ANT stick. and creates a tcx file in the 'Pending Uploads' directory. My garmin ANT software then uploads the data to Garmin Training Center, and moves the tcx file to an archive directory. After that finishes, I use 'Upload from GPS' on RA. This is all on a MAC.

Taltree 2010

Dave,

Eric,

I'd certainly be interested in helping.  The earliest that I'd be able to do it will be around 7:00 CST this evening.  I'm not in a huge hurry to get it in my log, so if that doesn't  work let me know want will even if it is sometime later this weekend.  I'm open to suggestions on how to coordinate the timing with you.

Dave

daveruns and ymmv,

The importer takes the uploaded data and create log entries from them.  Depending on how many people are uploading at the same time, the importer might process it immediately.  I have to stop the importer so that I can get a copy of the data.  Since stopping the importer will impact other users, I need to coordinate with you to reduce the impact.

Would you like to try this at 9:00 PM Eastern time? 

ymmv

daveruns and ymmv,

The importer takes the uploaded data and create log entries from them.  Depending on how many people are uploading at the same time, the importer might process it immediately.  I have to stop the importer so that I can get a copy of the data.  Since stopping the importer will impact other users, I need to coordinate with you to reduce the impact.

I can do that. Tell me how you want to sync up. I'll go put some data on my garmin.

Taltree 2010

daveruns and ymmv,

I'll be on too if you want both of us.  

Hi guys,

I sent you private messages with instructions.