motion control for midfoot/forefoot strikers (Read 617 times)

I heard somewhere that if you are a midfoot/forefoot runner you probably don't need any motion control in your shoe. Does your foot strike significantly effect your shoe choice when it comes to stability/motion control?
    Ed4

Barefoot and happy

Not necessarily. Your need for motion control depends on your overall posture and how strong the muscles are that stabilize your stride. Personally, I think relying on motion control shoes long-term is a mistake. It's better to strengthen the legs and feet until you can run naturally, and be less likely to get injured just because your shoes change on you.
      Curious about running barefoot? Visit the new barefoot running group.
      JOHNMAGGIO

Most of the motion control features on in the heel, and sometimes venture towards the midfoot. So if your are landing on your mid foot chances are your heel is striking as well, so there is a chance you may need motion control if your foot calls for it. Unless your "running on your toes" your heel is still striking.
        www.nbannapolis.com
          Most of the motion control features on in the heel, and sometimes venture towards the midfoot. So if your are landing on your mid foot chances are your heel is striking as well, so there is a chance you may need motion control if your foot calls for it. Unless your "running on your toes" your heel is still striking.
          The best way to describe my gate... The heel almost never touches the ground first... however it does touch the ground usually at some point in every step. (this is the definition for a mid foot runner correct?)