Important (Read 1503 times)

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

a watched pressure cooker will boil. (well, I guess it boils in there. it at least cooks. fast.)

It boils if you crank the heat high enough, but higher than 212°F, because of the higher pressure. That's why things cook faster -- water boils hotter in pressure cooker than it does in a plain old pot.

(It's the inverse of water boiling at a lower temperature at altitude because of lower pressure (i.e why you have to cook longer for high attitude recipes))

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

i knew there were maths or physics or learnin' involved.

what are lions?

And someone said there were no spam threads.   Heh

heehee. i've always wondered what it would be like to spam. just once Wink

what are lions?

i knew there were maths or physics or learnin' involved.

the nerd replies: boiling point = the point at which vapor pressure equals atmospheric pressure

I look my best blurry!

Going to Panera after my run this am.  Will take my laptop to enrich my life with more internet RA blather. Bagel or scone?  Hmmm...
            Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Well, since Panera offers neither bagels nor scones, I guess you will not be able to have either.

Prince of Fatness

Going to Panera after my run this am.  Will take my laptop to enrich my life with more internet RA blather. Bagel or scone?  Hmmm...

You have to put the food choices from Panera in quotes, otherwise Trent will not acknowledge their existence.  He's picky that way.

Example:  "Bagel"

Not at it at all. 

You have to put the food choices from Panera in quotes, otherwise Trent will not acknowledge their existence.  He's picky that way.

Example:  "Bagel"

of course, that implies that you actually care about Trent's "opinion" regarding that particular delicacy.

because, you know, blueberry bagels are in a food group all their own.

Best Present Ever

Fresh?  In January?

i can get local microgreens and cherry tomatoes that are greenhouse grown.  I buy them sparingly, though.  I've have been eating a lot of raw kale or broccoli sprout salads.  I've found broccoli sprouts and tahini dressing to be delicious.  My family does not agree.  (kids like growing, but not eating, the sprouts.  I was going to set up an indoor space for growing proper winter greens.  This has caused me fits of giggles, because my husband is a small town prosecutor, and the thought of buying grow lights and whatnot for, you know, 'greens' makes me laugh.  My son's friend had about 150 lbs of marijuana growing in his closet a few years ago.  The police say that he had quite a professional set up and were suprised he was just 15.  I thought maybe he could help me get things set up properly, now that he's a successful college grad with a regular, non entrepreneurial job, but I haven't made the time to figure how how to get things going.) 

I would now like to see if i can work somewhere where blowing the door off the oven is just part of doing a good job. 

Carl A

The Panera near my day-job closed a year or two ago. Fortunately, I packed leftovers for today.

Maybe I'll bring some cash to work tomorrow and get in a Coney-Island-death-dog-lunch-jog. There're some levees and resurfaced rail trail near there. Not to mention the scenic ammunition plant.

MTA: public forum adjustment

Speed my steps along your path, according to your will.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

of course, that implies that you actually care about Trent's "opinion" regarding that particular delicacy.

because, you know, blueberry bagels are in a food group all their own.

Panera does not serve delicacies.

Elly.

So, what do you eat sans fresh veggies?  Lentil soup? 

http://www.ellyfosterphotography.com/

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Frozen veggies.  Some from cans.  Dried beans.  Occasional fresh veggies loaded with the petroleum it takes to ship them or grow them out of season.

Panera does not serve delicacies.

hush, you.

Elly.

Frozen veggies.  Some from cans.  Dried beans.  Occasional fresh veggies loaded with the petroleum it takes to ship them or grow them out of season.

Frozen and canned brings suspicions of what was added to them.  Besides, buying fresh vegetables fosters world peace and tastes better. 

http://www.ellyfosterphotography.com/