What is your favorite beer? (Read 3172 times)

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Monkey Face

Be careful.

Be very careful.

And please bring me a bottle in November.

I have never had Monkey Face, but the best Porter, and possibly my favorite beer is Founders Porter from Grand Rapids MI.

http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/1199/7348

Founders also makes Breakfast Stout, a seasonal beer that is phenomenal.

http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/1199/11757

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Yeah, Founders does good work.  Their Red's RyePA is one of my go to brews.

Prince of Fatness

I can't remember having anything bad from Founders.  That Breakfast Stout is real tasty.  Don't remember seeing the porter in the stores around here, which is odd because I get most of their regular stuff.  I'll have to look for that one.

Not at it at all. 

After all these months since this thread has been resurrected, I still think that Troegs Nugget Nectar is still tops for me.

But, that could change.  if I can ever find some Pliney.

Jeff

No Talent Drips

Life & Limb

Not a beer that I could be stranded with for life, but it definitely has a time and place. For example: do your legs hurt? Drink one of these, and forget you have legs. (11.5%). Purchased one for immediate consumption and two for safe keeping--and additional bottle fermentation.

MTA: this is a Dogfish Head and Sierra Nevada joint.

Dei Gratia

A Saucy Wench

Be careful.

Be very careful.

And please bring me a bottle in November.

Can you put beer in checked luggage?  If it explodes in my suitcase you'll need to let me use your washing machine.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Prince of Fatness

Not a beer that I could be stranded with for life, but it definitely has a time and place. For example: do your legs hurt? Drink one of these, and forget you have legs. (11.5%). Purchased one for immediate consumption and two for safe keeping--and additional bottle fermentation.

MTA: this is a Dogfish Head and Sierra Nevada joint.

I had something called Limb and Life at the DFH Brew Pub a couple of weeks.  It was the second runnings of this beer, so only ~5%.  Very tasty.

Not at it at all. 

Prince of Fatness

Can you put beer in checked luggage?

I brought a few bottles home from Russian River.  I put each bottle in a sock, then put in a ziploc freezer bag just in case it broke.  All bottles made it home OK.

Not at it at all. 

A Saucy Wench

although I suppose there would be a certain flair to running Monkey smelling like Monkey. 

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

There is. 

And as you know, anything is possible when your monkey smells like Monkey Spice and not a monkey-wannabe.

Hoban-Jay

My own.  Probably a belgian lambic or an imperial ipa.

===

Ten women one beer. 

SjFlowers

jrrtenets mmmmmm

ud32

I just had Hellbound Ale - another winner from Dogfish Brewery. Think it may be limited edition. could jump to the top of my list of al time favorites.