What is your favorite beer? (Read 3172 times)

Prince of Fatness

I did not read any more of this thread than this page so forgive my ignorance if already discussed.

My favorite imperial stouts:

Victory Storm King

Rasputin

Founders Imperial Stout (tried it tonight, decent but not amazing)

Southern Tier, I like their StoutX2 and their Choklat and Java Stouts

I love winter beers.  Settling in tonight for several.

Rick, have you tried Weyerbacher Old Heathen?  That's another good one.  Also try Troegs Javahead if you have not.  Should be available in your neck of the woods.

Not at it at all. 

On On

Rick, have you tried Weyerbacher Old Heathen?  That's another good one.  Also try Troegs Javahead if you have not.  Should be available in your neck of the woods.

I have had Weyerbacher but a long time ago and can't place it in my mind at the moment.

Troegs Java, another good beer.  I love the Java / coffee stouts.

Prince of Fatness

I have had Weyerbacher but a long time ago and can't place it in my mind at the moment.

Troegs Java, another good beer.  I love the Java / coffee stouts.

Heathen is my go to imperial stout.  Next month is the Heresy release.  Heathen aged in bourbon barrels.  Heaven.

Not at it at all. 

On On

Heathen is my go to imperial stout.  Next month is the Heresy release.  Heathen aged in bourbon barrels.  Heaven.

I'll have to pick it up and try it again.  As you said, it is available at my local beer store.

stadjak

Interval Junkie --Nobby

Anderson Valley Winter Warmer -- delicious on tap.  Not sure from the can.

2021 Goals: 50mpw 'cause there's nothing else to do

lagwagon

I'm sure it's been mentioned, but Smuttynose Winter Ale is probably my winter favorite.  I just heard recently that Smuttynose puts on races, and I'm seriously thinking of a fall roadtrip if I stay injury free this year.  

Old Chub Scotch ale is up to bat in my house...strong but smooth roasted malts, slight smoke/burnt coffee flavor, sticks to the ribs.  Pure awesomeness in a can.  imho, Oskar Blues can do no wrong.  (well, ten fidy is a bit hardcore for me...did someone say motor oil?)

Dogfish Head Chicory Stout back on deck.

stadjak

Interval Junkie --Nobby

imho, Oskar Blues can do no wrong.

Ahmen, brother.  Mama's Little Yella Pils is my summer standard.

2021 Goals: 50mpw 'cause there's nothing else to do

Prince of Fatness

Mama's Little Yella Pils is my summer standard.

Yeah that pils is great on a hot summer day.  I agree, can't go wrong with Oskar Blues.

Not at it at all. 

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

(well, ten fidy is a bit hardcore for me...did someone say motor oil?)

Just recently saw this review describing it:

Pours a motor oil consistency, ink black, dark as Satan's heartless soulless pit, liquid that's crowned with a thick, rich-looking coffee-colored head--hold the cream and sugar. Aroma is surprisingly soft with some fresh grain, hint of smoke and estery, dark ripe fruits taunting in the back. Creamy mouthfeel, full-bodied, viscous, with a rich malty base. Tangy molasses, molten chocolate cake, major roastiness going on with more smoke, char, double espresso and burnt raisins. Overripe black cherries. Bitter, but not puckering, more of an overall acridness that engulfs the palate. Hop presence is leafy, herbal, earthy, with a hint of lemon--barely detectable in the black chaos. Alcohol is well hidden, but sneaks into your brain eventually with a warming fuzz. Finish is exactly like you just had a double chocolate chip cookie in your mouth.

But yeah, I loved the stuff.  Enough to go out and buy 2 more 4-packs @ $16 apiece.

Prince of Fatness

RE: the coffee stout discussion a couple of pages back, I think that I found a coffee beer that beats both the Terrapin and Founders.

Sixpoint Gorilla Warfare Porter

My local beer store had this on draft last weekend so I tried a pint.  Damn, it was tasty.  I am hoping that they still have it this weekend.  I may need to fill a growler.  Sadly, it is only available on draft.

Not at it at all. 

Scout7

Big fan of Founder's Backwoods Bastard.

And Russian River Damnation.  Still one of my top favorites.

Smithwicks.

Being on a higher level than imaginable to the human race...

lagwagon

downed a couple bottles of Ommegang Abbey Ale tonight.  the poor mans chimay red to carb load for a sunday run.  good living.    Cooperstown has definitely become one of Belgium's finer backwater abbeys...

Tiefsa

My heart tells me MGD (I'm from Milwaukee) but my taste buds always crave a Corona with a lime on a hot sunny day.  

downed a couple bottles of Ommegang Abbey Ale tonight.  the poor mans chimay red to carb load for a sunday run.  good living.    Cooperstown has definitely become one of Belgium's finer backwater abbeys...

Never heard of this beer/brewery...

But I understand it's a American Brewery that brews Belgian style beers? 

I wonder how the names of those beers are pronounced in the States... (Apart from Three Philosophers, it are very 'Flemish' names, that are pronounced completely different from what you might be thinking ;-).)

My favourite beers?  The Gueuze and Lambiek Style beers, like Vintage Oude Gueuze by Brewery 3 Fonteinen, Oude Gueze by Boon, and or the Oude Gueuze by Girardin.

Running in Belgium
                                Ann