What is your favorite beer? (Read 3172 times)

KvnJns

Total Disorder Porter- Had some the other night at Humperdinks (Brewery & Sports Bar) in Arlington, TX.

I'm here for a couple weeks for work. They also have a very good IPA. I'm going back tonight to grab a couple drinks and bring a Growler back to my hotel.

Kevin

I can't name one single beer as my favorite. Impossible. But there are a few breweries out there that are near and dear to my heart at the moment:

1) Bell's

2) Elysian

3) Stone

4) Southern Tier

5) Weyerbacher

6) Chimay (Obviously....)

And many, MANY more.

Read my blog (in my signature). I post about beer... a lot.

SimonWitt

Hello,

My favorite beer are Hayward 5000 and kingfisher.

Prince of Fatness

Yesterday I had the pleasure of drinking this.  Wow was it ever tasty.

Not at it at all. 

Recently I tried Founders Red's Rye PA, which was really tasty.

I've cut down on beer lately due to the high carb content of most beers.  Does anyone have any recommendations for lower carb/light beers that don't taste bland?

--Favorite beer is the one that is currently in my hand.

--I believe in Coexistence personally,  I treat all beers equally.   Any flavor will do...

The Plan '15 →   ///    "Run Hard, Live Easy."   ∞

SubDood

The label on my favorite beer says, "Bell's Two Hearted Ale is an India Pale Ale style well suited for Hemingway-esque trips to the Upper Peninsula."  My wife bought me a six-pack of this stuff shortly after I got back from an adventurous ski trip with an old Navy buddy in the upper peninsula of the upper peninsula (not a typo) of Michigan -- a no frills ski/snowboard area (e.g., no grooming equipment, no lessons or instructors, 2 well-used microwave ovens in a small hut to heat up your food, a bus to drive you back to the base if you ski down their extreme backwoods runs, etc.).  If you like hops, this beer is excellent!

We have an even hoppier local brew in Minnesota called Surly Furious, another favorite of mine.

Recently I tried Founders Red's Rye PA, which was really tasty.

I've cut down on beer lately due to the high carb content of most beers.  Does anyone have any recommendations for lower carb/light beers that don't taste bland?

No.

You are a runner, why are you worried about carbs for? If you want to cut back, just have fewer beers, but make them good ones. Just my opinion.

SubDood: I agree Bell's Two Hearted is one of the better IPA's around. Bell's is very big in MI, not sure how much you can get it elsewhere, but they make a number of varieties & all are very good. (I would also say the same about Founders, which was mentioned above.)

Dave

ReadySetToke

Blue Moon.

But enjoyin a nice toke is good too ; )

Root Beer for sure!  Thats as hard as I drink :P

5k  = 19.48 10/1/13

10k  = 45.28 4/16/13

Half Marathon = 1:38.53  Summer Sizzle 7/13/14

Operation Jack Marathon 12/26/12  4:39.11

Solo O Marathon 06/02/13  3:52:10

Operation Jack Marathon 12/26/13 3:40.34

Sultan of slug

Hofbraeu Hefeweizen - especially after a run.

I've had other beers that I enjoyed more on a pure taste/complexity level, but they depend on my mood, the context, etc. But never in my life have I regretted ordering a German hefeweizen

(American-style hefeweizen is a whole different style).

prodiro

Woah! I come to a running forum and people are talking about beer!

My avatar should be a giveaway that I'm a fan of craft beers Smile  I actually blog about it at drewbeered.tumblr.com

I'm too much of  a beer fanatic to have a favorite, but I do have many favorites:

Founders Doom is a recent beer I had that I regard as a flawless beer - 100/100

Goose Island Bourbon County Brand Stout is another I consider flawless

Russian River Brewing Supplication is in that boat too.

I'm a fan of pretty much anything that's released by Stone, Ballast Point, Founders, Maine Beer Company, Allagash, Stillwater, The Lost Abbey, Boulevard Brewing, Pretty Things, Firestone Walker - and pretty much anything in the US-Belgian style Smile  Oh and imperial stouts too - cant get enough of them!

Also - I'm hardly a beer snob, I'll happily drink adjunct lagers - Yuengling will always have a special place in my heart.  I grew up right near the brewery.  Also, I've found Coors Light to be the best out of the big American lagers.  Though if it's available, I'll always go for a Guinness if I'm at a bar without craft options.

Prince of Fatness

Also, I've found Coors Light to be the best out of the big American lagers.

You were doing so well then it all came apart with this.

Not at it at all. 

prodiro

Hey, it serves its purpose!   If I were in Yuengling territory, I'd be drinking that if looking for a cheap beer to knock back a few of.

The fact of the matter is lots of the non-macro options I might go for when bringing a couple beers to a friend's place aren't in the cold section at a liquor store (IE, practically anything German).  Most US craft session beers that are cold are going to be in 6 packs and I really don't feel like spending $12 to drink 2-3 of them and then be stuck with the rest as a result.

Anyway, I've found coors light to be really nice and smooth.  I find it to have more flavor than miller light, not have that horrible husky character of bud and it's not overly sweet like some other adjunct lagers I've had.

I spend so much on craft beer that it's good to save some cash here and there too!

Prince of Fatness

Anyway, I've found coors light to be really nice and smooth.  I find it to have more flavor than miller light, not have that horrible husky character of bud and it's not overly sweet like some other adjunct lagers I've had.

If I had to rate the lite swill I would go Bud-Miller-Coors.  Coors Light is just terrible.  I happen to be in Yuengling territory so if I have to go with a macro beer that is the one for me.

Not at it at all.