What is your favorite beer? (Read 3172 times)

DanB

I brew a wicked Belgium Witt, but my favorite commercial beer is Young's Double Chocolate Stout.

2013 Goals.......

Menace to Sobriety

Ol' Millworker

Janie, today I quit my job. And then I told my boss to go f*** himself, and then I blackmailed him for almost sixty thousand dollars. Pass the asparagus.

jpdeaux

Hacker-Pschorr Oktoberfest

- Anya

I'm Betty if you're Al

Shipyard Pumkinhead with a cinnamon & sugar rim.  Tastes like pumkin pie!!!

"I would rather have high expectations and fail then have low expectations and succeed." DB

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Lazy idiot

Okay, I am currently drinking a DFH Chicory Stout.  At the moment, this is my favorite beer.

I had one yesterday, as well.  It was my favorite at the time. 

Tonight, it may be something else.

Tick tock

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Tonight, it may be something else.

Yeah.  Exactly.

Running Rev'd

It definitely depends on my mood, the moment, and the weather, but my all-time favorite, go-to beer is Real Ale Brewing Company's Fireman's #4. It's the perfect balance of lots of flavor without being too heavy.

Now that I say that, I'm second-guessing myself, particularly with all of the delicious Belgians out there. But no, that's what I'm sticking with. Fireman's #4. Wish we could get it here in Tennessee without bootlegging it.

Called to Endure - Blog

"Everyone gets the sunset. Only the dedicated earn the sunrise."

I recently discovered a new to me craft brew company; 21st Amendment. They have cans, which is strange for a craft brew, but... I have tried three of their beers.

1. Black IPA, which is a stout with the hops of an IPA. I was surprised that I liked this, since I don't generally like stouts. It was more like an IPA than a stout, but you could definitely taste the stout flavors, although mild. The initial flavor is a chocolate stout fallowed by the strong citrus of hops.

2. Brew Free or Die IPA. This is a standard IPA with 6 different hops. I believe the hops used are the same as those in the Black IPA, maybe with a couple more types. This beer has a nice citrusness from the hops. This is my new goto IPA, mostly because of the $10 per six pack. 

3. Hell or High Watermelon. I had the most hope for this beer, however it really just tasted like an American Pilsner with watermelon rind in it. It was okay, but a bit disappointing for me. I think I just expected too much out of this beer. The initial flavor is a distinct flavor of watermelon rind (the white portion) followed by a wheat flavor. The part that was disappointing to me was that the beer flavor was too mild for me. I think watermelon in beer has real potential.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

They have cans, which is strange for a craft brew

Not really.  This is becoming more popular.  Cans are less expensive to produce, keep the beer darker than bottles, and weigh less than bottles so they are easier to distribute.

Blaaahhhh

Miller Lite.

Just kidding...

I've been mostly into the Belgian ales lately, but I don't think I could pick just one favorite.

Miller High Life for me. Can't go wrong when it's $0.33 per can.

SMART Approach

Miller Lite.

I am Tchuck but Miller Lite causes Upchuck! Disapprove

Run Coach. Recovery Coach. Founder of SMART Approach Training, Coaching & Recovery

Structured Marathon Adaptive Recovery Training

Safe Muscle Activation Recovery Technique

www.smartapproachtraining.com

Not really.  This is becoming more popular.  Cans are less expensive to produce, keep the beer darker than bottles, and weigh less than bottles so they are easier to distribute.

It is the first and only craft brew I have seen in a can.