What is your favorite beer? (Read 3172 times)

an amazing likeness

From a local craft brewery who is only doing cans:

The reason we chose to can our beers, rather than the traditional brown glass bottles more often associated with craft beer, is three-fold:

1. Cans are better for the environment. Our cans, which come from Ball Corp., are made of a minimum of 50% post-consumer recycled aluminum and are infinitely recyclable. Americans are also at least twice as likely to recycle aluminum as they are glass, so our packaging will continue to help the environment, even after the beer is consumed. Cans require less energy to create than glass bottles and less fuel to ship to the brewery, since empty cans weigh far less than empty bottles. Consequently, they weigh less when filled and thus require less fuel to ship to the end-user.
    2. Cans are better for the beer. The beer in our cans has never seen UV light, which spells death for fresh beer. Every glass bottle, regardless of the color of the glass, will let some UV light in over time, resulting in spoiled or “skunked” beer. Anything you drink from a glass bottle will be less fresh than the same beer in a can. Our dissolved oxygen levels are much lower than similar beers in bottles (again, helping the beer maintain freshness) and our packaging cools down much faster than thick glass bottles, so you can be drinking the beer sooner!
    3. Cans can go where glass cannot. How many times have you been somewhere outside where you have wanted a high-quality, flavorful craft beer but weren’t able to because glass was frowned upon or was flat out not allowed? The park, the pool, the beach, the golf course, the disc golf course, the sailboat; camping, hiking, fishing, or just lounging in the hammock. Think about it, cans can go where glass cannot.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

and cans fit in those cool stadium helmets where as bottles don't 

goat

Finder of good newts

Lagunitas - HOP STOOPID ALE

It's hard to look down if you don't go up

Miller High Life for me. Can't go wrong when it's $0.33 per can.

THis is my go to beer when the place is limited on its distro.  I love the champagne of beer...  Not my favorite though.  I don't drink enough to worry about the price of the bottle or can. lol

"You may all go to hell, and I will go to Texas"  Davy Crockett

the man put the gun away

Michigan Brewing Company has a case discount deal on Mondays.   Comes out to slightly less than a dollar a beer.  Yummy.

Outside Lane

My latest fave.... Point 2012 Black Ale http://www.pointbeer.com/point/images/stories/aa2012.jpg

See how they run...

I look my best blurry!

Yesterday I drank more beer than I've ever drank in one day (since college). I'm not typically a beer fan but after the first 4, the next 4 Blue Moon tasted GREAT!!! Afterall, I was in Las Vegas and it was time to celebrate!
                Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Tonight I had a half-priced Dos Equiis with my Mexican dinner. At that moment, this was my favorite beer.

You know one beer that is very unique is the Kasteel Bier Donkel. Very sweet and dark Belgian ale.

xor

Tonight I had a half-priced Dos Equiis with my Mexican dinner. At that moment, this was my favorite beer.

green bottle or brown bottle?

Burninated Peasant

Rahr Ugly Pug.  And they even sponsor a what may loosely be called a run.

Lazy idiot

Last night I had a Samuel Adams Imperial Stout.  It's probably up there with my least favorite Sam's beers, but last night it was good with pasta and red sauce.

Tick tock

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Guiness for health!!

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

From a local craft brewery who is only doing cans:

The reason we chose to can our beers, rather than the traditional brown glass bottles more often associated with craft beer, is three-fold:

1. yada yada

Maybe, but it tastes better from a bottle.