What is your favorite beer? (Read 3172 times)

uncontrollable

Well, Lambics ARE decidedly funky, but they are not a twist on beer.  They have been around far longer than most of what we call beer today.

I just don't believe it...

peace

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

What don't you believe?  That Lambics are funky or that they have been around longer than Bud lite?

uncontrollable

Been around that long ... c'mon - I'm not talking Bud lite (which isn't beer & u know it) - I just can't believe that the world's first drunk would drink something like that, I could be wrong but it seems unreal! 

peace

Prince of Fatness

Same with coffee, enough with the flavors already

Thanks for reminding me.  This has been my favorite beer as of late.  Sadly, it is a limited release and is no longer available.  I do have a few bottles left though.

Not at it at all. 

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Been around that long ... c'mon - I'm not talking Bud lite (which isn't beer & u know it) - I just can't believe that the world's first drunk would drink something like that, I could be wrong but it seems unreal! 

Well, aruably, in its purest form beer has been around longer than civilization.  However, if you want to go back to the first clear lager beers (the first modern beers), well, Lambics have been around longer than lagers.

xor

This is true.  It's why the technology tree pulls up beer before pottery or mining.

Prince of Fatness

I doubt that the first drunk was a beer / liquor snob.  Probably just stumbled upon it I would guess.

Not at it at all. 

Former runner

What Trent said.

Plus a couple hundred years ago all beer went sour eventually. They didn't exactly have aluminum cans and walk in coolers. Wood kegs are a good place for bacteria and other stuff to live which is why lambic breweries still use wood vats.

I just finished a Hannsens Oude Kriek. Big grin  I think I might spontaneously add these dregs to my barrel.

Ross

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

You know, I found the HOK okay.  Not great, just okay.  Which is too bad since it cost me some $14 for the bottle.  It is clearly a Lambic purists' beer, loaded full of the brett. flavors.  And sours.  But in the end, it lacked the pleasure of, say, a Wisconsin Red.

But I would certainly consider adding the dregs to my carboy! Big grin

Former runner

Yeah this stuff was sour. Not much in cherry flavor. About an 8 on my scale of funkiness. Cantillon Kriek or New Belgium La Follie being the most sour.

I have a bottle of NG Red I've been saving for a couple months. Big grin That will be my favorite beer when I drink it.

Ross

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Yeah, see that is why I always buy at least two bottles of the NG Lambics.  One to drink now and the other to drink as soon as I can stand waiting no longer.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Just a few more weeks until we head to the motherland...ahhh...we're going to pack light so that we have ample room for NG on the return trip. Big grin

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Rider on the storm

i don't drink alcohol no more (living in belgium gets to you if you're not careful)

but it used to be Duvel.

on ratebeer.com it gets 99% which doesn't really does it justice.

http://www.ratebeer.com/beer/duvel/1434/

if you guys can get it where you live you should def try it. but watch out, it's potent stuff! ^^

Purdey

Self anointed title

Bells Two Hearted Ale

This