What is your favorite beer? (Read 3172 times)

uncontrollable

Thanks for reminding me.  This has been my favorite beer as of late.  Sadly, it is a limited release and is no longer available.  I do have a few bottles left though.

too bad for you - i have a private stock

peace

uncontrollable

I doubt that the first drunk was a beer / liquor snob.  Probably just stumbled upon it I would guess.

I don't - I know some picky drunks - go figure

peace

Prince of Fatness

too bad for you - i have a private stock

Of what, Weyerbacher November?

Not at it at all. 

uncontrollable

Well, aruably, in its purest form beer has been around longer than civilization.  However, if you want to go back to the first clear lager beers (the first modern beers), well, Lambics have been around longer than lagers.

I guess I am ignorant on the history of beer ... interesting stuff - thanks for the 411

peace

Your local micro brewery probably makes the best beer. I'm lucky to live in the Pacific NW where the microbrews first took off in the US (Seattle and Portland both claim to have been the locus). Not sure if other parts of the US have as many options. On my way home last night stopped at Pt. Townsend Brewing Company (they distribute to Seattle) for a porter followed by a black IPA. They make great beer- a dozen styles or so on tap. Have to mention one of my all-time favorite brews-Raspberry Brown Ale from Lost Coast Brewery in Eureka, CA.  If you are within an 8 hour drive of a place that sells it, get it. The last 4-5 years after the Avenue of the Giants run I stop there for a beer- I still have a couple of the Raspberry Browns left from a case I brough back last May. Drink local.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Slice

Natural Ice, definitely. Okay - not really. I would have to go with Fat Tire. I really like Lazy Magnolia's Southern Pecan too. I can only do about 2 at a time though b/c they're so heavy. They make me feel like a Fat Tire. Tight lips

I don't half-ass anything

"I have several close friends who have run marathons, a word that is actually derived from two Swahili words: mara, which means 'to die a horrible death' and thon, which means 'for a stupid T-shirt.' Look it up." - Celia Rivenbark, You Can't Drink All Day if You Don't Start in the Morning

Pump Clip - Bathams Best Bitter

This.

I guess I am ignorant on the history of beer ... interesting stuff - thanks for the 411

What a beautiful shepherd dog.  

- Anya

Yummy.

I have to grade finals tonight, so I guess I will go and get some of this brand from the Local Beer Shop (if they have it).

Natural Ice, definitely. Okay - not really. I would have to go with Fat Tire. I really like Lazy Magnolia's Southern Pecan too. I can only do about 2 at a time though b/c they're so heavy. They make me feel like a Fat Tire. Tight lips

Both great beers.  Souther Pecan is real good.  I used to get it in a mini vat (box) at the local Wal Mart when I lived in Southern Miss.  A box was perfect for a day of drinking.  As I say awesome beer.

"You may all go to hell, and I will go to Texas"  Davy Crockett

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I have to grade finals tonight, so I guess I will go and get some of this brand from the Local Beer Shop (if they have it).

Not unless you live in WI.  They don't distribute outside the state.  We will be stocking up in a few weeks.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Not unless you live in WI.  They don't distribute outside the state.  We will be stocking up in a few weeks.

Yeah, I figured that out. And I don't think I could convince my brother to drive a few hours to get me some. lol

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Yeah, I figured that out. And I don't think I could convince my brother to drive a few hours to get me some. lol

Leave him nothing in your will...muwahahahaha! Evil

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Just tried Hanssens Kriek Lambic. I think I got a bad bottle. There was hardly any carbonation, no head, super sour, with a funky smell. It was so sour that I couldn't finish the beer. Kind of sucks to pay $7 for that.