Give-a give-a give-a Garmin! (Read 992 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

awesome earworm! Big grin There's a different one I just saw on TV that features a woman driving to the spa to get her brows waxed. k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Yeah, they have 3 or 4 commercials like that that are all pretty humorous.

Run to Win
      25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I've been trying to find more online...the 2 I have seen are a riot! Are any of the ads for the Forerunner, or are they all for the car navigation units? k

~ Sarah Kay

I've been trying to find more online...the 2 I have seen are a riot! Are any of the ads for the Forerunner, or are they all for the car navigation units? k
          I've never seen one for the Foreruner ... speaking of WHICH, Zoomie, when are you going to join the all exclusive VIP I-own-a-Garmie club??? HINT HINT DID!!
          2009: BQ?
          zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I've never seen one for the Foreruner ... speaking of WHICH, Zoomie, when are you going to join the all exclusive VIP I-own-a-Garmie club??? HINT HINT DID!!
            Ahem, yes...we have to work on did. I keep reminding him that the Powerbar $50 rebate on the 305 expires at the end of this month. Why not get that one with the HRM for the extra $7. k

~ Sarah Kay

Ahem, yes...we have to work on did. I keep reminding him that the Powerbar $50 rebate on the 305 expires at the end of this month. Why not get that one with the HRM for the extra $7. k
              You can tell him that even that tight wad blaine got one...

Run to Win

My husband told me to order one today!! I probably won't use it until after Christmas since it is my Christmas gift, but I had to order it in time to get the rebate! YAY!!

Marquess of Utopia

You guys are really tempting me. I put it on my list, but I haven't made a big deal about it...
                  zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

You can tell him that even that tight wad blaine got one...
                    Hmmm...I wonder if you are as tightwad as Mr. Dutch boy? Give me some examples of your frugality so that I might have a frame of reference. Big grin

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

You guys are really tempting me.
                      They're like drug pushers, aren't they!? Wink

~ Sarah Kay

I should get myself one. What is this rebate you all speak of!?
                        zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

It's the 7th promotion down. Weird thing is that I can't find any reference to it on PowerBar's website. Does anyone know if this is legit? k

~ Sarah Kay

t_runner

It's the 7th promotion down. Weird thing is that I can't find any reference to it on PowerBar's website. Does anyone know if this is legit? k
                            It is legit, I got the check not that long ago from my purchase in October. I know others here have also (that's how I knew to get it). I had to sign up for a Powerbar newsletter, but all that does is give you a link to a .pdf file with the rebate form... I had a technical glitch when I signed up, and I couldn't get to the pdf, so I emailed Powerbar support, and said, hey - where's my rebate form, and they just emailed it to me. If anybody wants it and can't find it, I still have the .pdf that Powerbar emailed me, and I can forward.

Hmmm...I wonder if you are as tightwad as Mr. Dutch boy? Give me some examples of your frugality so that I might have a frame of reference.
                              Other than waiting over a month to pull the trigger and finally get it after my wife told me to? How about this: When we get home at night, we might (might, mind you) raise the temperature in the house to 58 degrees until we go to bed. Then it gets set back down to 55 degrees. Our oil consumption was 300 gallons less last year than the average for houses our size. (I did double the insulation and installed soffit extenders in our attic before our first winter after purchasing the house, so that helped.)

Run to Win

As noted in the "cheapest way to get a garmin" thread:
                                Okay, I pulled the trigger. It will arrive on Thursday. It'll only be 3 weeks or so before I actually start to play with it... Called Zappo's and ordered it over the phone. I pointed them to Amazon.com where they verified the price ($202 + $8 shipping) and then gave me a discount that brought the zappos price down to $202 - except w/free overnight shipping. Not too bad...
                                You can get the actual rebate form directly from here: GarminRebate.pdf (note that the $202 I paid does not include the rebate)

Run to Win