Different colored bars (Read 1003 times)

Carps10

This thread is dedicated to any stupid colored bars you have seen on people's logs. I saw a guy with easy/medium/hard bars but all the runs were the same pace......I also have seen a log in which 90% of the runs are designated "hard" but are all easy runs relative to his prs. Maybe the funniest is a log in which a lot of the runs are just labeled "Trail" which doesn't tell you much about the purpose of the run, it just tells that they were run on a trail.
    Wingz

Professional Noob

I label all my trail runs as type "trail" because the pace I run on a trail is significantly different than that which I run on pavement. Kind of like the difference in pace between a tempo, interval, or easy run. Or a race for that matter. If I put it under "easy" then when I look at what paces I've been running my "easy" runs at, my trail running pace skews the data. Plus, it makes it easy for me to sort my data this way. Have you ever tried trail running? It's a different critter and can be a lot of fun.

Roads were made for journeys...

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

I think different runners use their logs differently so I find it unfair to criticize that the labelling doesn't tell you enough about their runs. A log is for its owner first; if it makes sense to them, then it's useful.

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

JakeKnight

So you started a whole thread making fun of how other people choose to log their runs? Seriously?

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
          -----------------------------

I'm probably the hard, medium, easy guy. If you were interested to find out why some of them are called "hard" you'd have to come run them with me, rather than just glance at the average pace for the entire run which may include warmups, cooldowns and recovery jogs. Others, like today's run, are labeled hard for more obvious reasons, pace not being it. On the other hand, labeling a 10 or 12 miler "long"? That's some funny stuff right there.

Runners run

Teresadfp

One day at a time

I'm probably the hard, medium, easy guy. If you were interested to find out why some of them are called "hard" you'd have to come run them with me, rather than just glance at the average pace for the entire run which may include warmups, cooldowns and recovery jogs. Others, like today's run, are labeled hard for more obvious reasons, pace not being it. On the other hand, labeling a 10 or 12 miler "long"? That's some funny stuff right there.
              Yeah, I even laugh at myself for what I label "long" runs. Besides, it's redundant - you can tell from looking at someone's graph what is "long" for them.
              Wingz

Professional Noob

Hey, now Tongue ... I'll be running 5 miles tomorrow and that's "long" for me because "long" is relative to all the other runs you're doing. That's hardly a warm-up for you, mikeymike, but it's a big deal for me. Big grin

Wingz

Professional Noob

So you started a whole thread making fun of how other people choose to log their runs? Seriously?
                  He's a high school kid. /shrugs

Chris UK

On the other hand, labeling a 10 or 12 miler "long"? That's some funny stuff right there.
                    Guilty M'Lud. When I started running (again) I couldn't run 1 mile so 10 miles was 'beyond' long. I mark anything in double figures as 'long' - at least it breaks up the colours a bit. Wink Who said this thread wouldn't run?? Big grin

3000 miles

Sub 19:00 for 5K  05-03-13 Clee Prom 5K - 19:00:66 that was bloody close!

Sub-40:00 for 10K 17-03-13 Gainsborough 10K - 39:43

Sub 88:00 for HM

Chris UK

One more reply and it will officially become a 'long' thread. oops!! Evil grin

3000 miles

Fine I'll make it an officially "long" thread. Wingz and Chris, you were obviously friendly fire casualties. I was aiming for our friend, the Dyestat refugee. But back to the OP's topic, I have seen at least two runners with stupid colored bars in their summary graphs. One actually has simply "stupid" bars, while the other has that plus "drunk and stupid" bars: Stupid: http://www.runningahead.com/logs/259c5652820340638512f715ed2ff6c7 Drunk and stupid: http://www.runningahead.com/logs/d08fa62dc20d47f5993af92bada54397

Runners run

Chris UK

Fine I'll make it an officially "long" thread. Wingz and Chris, you were obviously friendly fire casualties. I was aiming for our friend, the Dyestat refugee. But back to the OP's topic, I have seen at least two runners with stupid colored bars in their summary graphs. One actually has simply "stupid" bars, while the other has that plus "drunk and stupid" bars: Stupid: http://www.runningahead.com/logs/259c5652820340638512f715ed2ff6c7 Drunk and stupid: http://www.runningahead.com/logs/d08fa62dc20d47f5993af92bada54397
                          No worries. I would be very careful of associating with those two though. Evil grin

3000 miles

I label all my trail runs as type "trail" because the pace I run on a trail is significantly different than that which I run on pavement. Kind of like the difference in pace between a tempo, interval, or easy run. Or a race for that matter. If I put it under "easy" then when I look at what paces I've been running my "easy" runs at, my trail running pace skews the data. Plus, it makes it easy for me to sort my data this way. Have you ever tried trail running? It's a different critter and can be a lot of fun.
                            That is exactly what I do as well. When I do trails around here they are typically either in the mountains or in the foothills of the mountains which equats to hilly and most of the time technical plus running at a higher elevation than my normal easy road runs. Maybe you should try it sometime.
                            Finished my first marathon 1-13-2008 in 6:03:37 at P.F. Chang's in Phoenix. PR in San Antonio RnR 5:45:58!!!!!! on 11-16-08 The only thing that has ever made any difference in my running is running. Goal: Break 2:30 in the HM this year Jay Benson Tri (place in Athena category) 5-10-09

A Saucy Wench

carps...do you have a preference for what shade of blue I make my long runs? Because obviously I log to please

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Carps10

My long runs are longer than my normal runs. A stupid use of "long run" would be if I called a 10 miler long despite running 10 milers three times a week. And my last 2 long runs have been 13.1, at least I'm trying to improve myself to live up to your standards Big grin