100 mile week (Read 486 times)

racerunner1314

How do I go about running a hundred mile week? I need to do something impulsive before the New Year.

Oh Mighty Wing

impulsive?? What is your highest mileage so far?
      racerunner1314

my highest week was 39 miles
        Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Run 14.28 miles per day. Or do as I did and run about 12 miles per day, double midweek with an extra 5, and then run 23 on Sunday. Piece of cake.

You'll ruin your knees!

1. put on your shoes... 2. go outside 3. right foot 4. left foot 5. repeat steps 3 and 4 until desired mileage achieved. Yep, just do it all in one day and take the rest of the week off. Wink Big grin Confused

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

Do doubles, and a serious long run. 7 miles twice a day, plus a 16 mile long run gets you 100. Go slow.

At the end of the day, be happy with where you are and what you've accomplished.

Hawt and sexy

I say lace up the shoes and go, If I can hit 98 then 100 should be not that far away. But if you have not even hit 40 mpw, it will be a while before you can do it without hurtung yourself. Unless you get lucky.

I'm touching your pants.

Another Passion

I still think I would have to keep an orthopedic surgeon on retainer to run 100 miles a week. Plus, I just don't have that kind of time. Roll eyes Welcome to RA Willamona. Smile

Rick
                  "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
                  "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
                  runningforcassy.blogspot.com