12

Shrimp allergy? (Read 1371 times)


Needs more cowbell!

    It could be an intolerance. A lot of people get confused between allergies and intolerances. An intolerance can be more unpredictable, as it depends on how much of the thing you eat etc. It's not particularly dangerous but can just be uncomfortable.
    I've wondered about that, too. I would think if it were a true "allergy" that I would always react. The fact that my mom has had similar, seemingly random reactions herself makes me think maybe it's just some weird sensitivity that I inherited, but not really an allergy. It does freak me out, though. I think when I go in for my next PCP visit that I will inquire about allergy testing--it's something I should probably have done, anyhow. k

    Kirsten - aka "Auntie Kirsten"

    '14 Goals:

    • 2 olympic distance duathlons -- 6 days apart -- PR at least 1

    • 130#s (and stay there, gotdammit!)

    12